Ultrasound Tech II - Ultrasound
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Under the leadership of the department director and assistant director the Ultrasound Technologist is a specialized medical professional that uses sound waves to image the human body. The Ultrasound Technologist must be able to perform their duties under potentially stressful situations, and care for all emergency patients, in-patients, and out-patients. Also assists in invasive ultrasound procedures.
Technologists primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Describe procedure and answer all patient questions prior to performing study, and obtain patient history.
- Provide images, data analysis, and patient information to the Radiologist for diagnostic interpretation
- Follow protocols and Radiologist instruction to create optimal study
- Monitor patients physical condition during course of exam
- Rotating shifts
- Rotate On-Call
Acute care hospital ultrasound experience within the past three years is preferred.
As necessary for required licensure.
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) is required. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification is required.
Assigned Work Hours:
8 hour shifts. Rotating days and weekends including call
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2022-492