Sr. Marketing Manager- Blue Zone Project
5383 – Mgr Sr, Marketing (BZP County Marketing Manager)
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
This person is responsible for the execution of the county wide marketing engagement plan in Blue Zones Project- Monterey County. This person will report to the Blue Zones Project Executive Director and will coordinate activities with the local Blue Zones Project teams to maximize local participation and engagement from individuals and organizations. This position is responsible to lead the process to craft and deploy overall marketing strategy for Monterey County that includes various customer segments such as employer, school sites, restaurants, grocery stores, civic organizations, and local government. As part of this responsibility, this role must assure coordination and alignment of Sharecare, Blues Zones and sponsor brand. This person will oversee the delivery of collaterals and promotional activities (online/offline) to drive program participation of the county citizens based on a high-level engagement strategy developed by the Blue Zones Project team. All efforts will be aimed at achieving target outcomes including:
- Drive 25% engagement (over the term of the project) of local citizens, and 25% of employees in participating worksites, in the program as measured by completion of a pledge, attending an event, using on-line tools or other participation methods that emerge during the program.
- Work with the local Blue Zones Project teams to drive participation of the local schools, restaurants, grocery stores and other employer organizations in the Blue Zones Project as measured by the adoption of implementation of pledge actions to achieve certification as a Blue Zones Community.
- Develop and deploy high impact and efficient market strategies to build brand awareness and drive engagement.
- Define marketing strategy and tactics to build awareness and preference and drive
- Provide guidance and consultation to assist project sector teams in developing and deploying effective strategies to increase awareness and engagement:
- Lead and support the team and operations of the marketing and engagement staff to achieve defined performance goals:
- Deliver performance within budget
- Managing projects to ensure they are executed timely and within allocated budget.
- Vendor identification and management,
- Identifying and utilizing best practices to support all Blueprint goals
- Align development of marketing and engagement staff,
- Manage websites/social networking sites
- Write promotional pieces using standard templates, including drafting and sending partner newsletters, direct mail (email and snail mail)
- Execute community-based direct mail campaigns
- Manage placement of up-paid local promotions with local media
- Manage placement of local advertising
- Coordinate of community-based grass-roots strategies (yard signs, rallies, parades etc.)
- Work with the Executive Director, local sector leads, community leaders, media (as assigned) and other partners to plan implement a successful engagement plan in support of the overall program in the target city
- Attend and support major events to capture stories for web and other outreach efforts
- Make recommendations to improve the marketing, playbook, and Project materials
- Organize and manage community events
- Deliver speeches and attending local meetings to share the Blue Zones Project storyLead local volunteers serving on the outreach/engagement committee
- Education: Bachelor degree required and Master’s degree preferred
- Experience: 2 or more years of leadership level responsibility in marketing and/or account management with demonstrated track record of results driving business growth
- Industry/Product Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge of the product, using skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Supervision – develops the strategy and project plan for a multidisciplinary team responsible for designing and implementing marketing and engagement strategies for customer sites that includes consumer engagement, event planning, resell of the product for health plans and material design.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Excellent writing skills (web content, direct mail, ad copy)
- Experience securing multiple types of non-paid and paid local media
- Track-record of developing or implementing grass-roots engagement strategies
- Strong team leader, specifically in partnership contexts where the team is a collection of volunteer resources/groups
- Experience chairing, leading and/or organizing community events
- Adept at working all levels of government, non-profits, schools and employers to align complex communities around an engagement campaign
- Compelling verbal communications skills as it relates to inspiring citizens to participate
- Ability to oversee engagement of multiple initiatives with volunteer leaders simultaneously and focus effort and resources in the highest priority areas while executing on-time and at/under budget.
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under pressure from various stakeholders.
- Ability to represent Sharecare and Blue Zones with partners, the public, and media.
- Inspiring, influencing, collaborative, and responsible.
- Energized by Blue Zones Project mission.