Social Worker - Palliative Medicine (Per Diem)
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
The Palliative Medicine Service Social Worker reports to the Director of Care Coordination Services. (S)he provides clinical and administrative support regarding psychosocial patient/family needs to the palliative medicine service team and the coordinator while maintaining an interdisciplinary approach and collaboration of patient-centered care. This position will work in a variety of clinical settings, primarily inpatient with occasional outpatient clinic or home visits. Social work services include assisting patients and their families in understanding and coping with the emotional and social problems affecting their health status. This person sustains adherence to the Joint Commission Certification requirements for Palliative Care. (S)he will work in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the palliative medicine service team. Assists with patient support programs, materials, and promotes community awareness and education. (S)he also maintains social worker competencies by possessing the skills and knowledge to competently provide appropriate patient care.
- Two or more years of experience in social work post master degree with Associated Clinical Social Worker license.
- Experience and competency discussing and assisting with advance healthcare directives, inc. POLST.
- Ability to work as an integral member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Two or more years of experience in palliative care, oncology, and/or hospice working with patients with life-limiting illness
- Recent experience in an acute care hospital setting.
- Knowledge of community resources.
Master's Degree in Social Work.
Current license to practice in the State of California (LCSW) or MSW actively obtaining hours towards LCSW. American Heart Association Provider BLS certification is required. 30-hours of palliative specific continuing education is required within three years of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours:
Scheduled as needed: at least 2 weekend days per month plus be available to fill in as needed
Position Type:Per Diem