RN Epic Analyst - Orders
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
The RN analyst will use a combination of nursing science, information management, and information technology, to promote and manage the use of healthcare data, information and knowledge with the goal of improving patient care and outcomes. The RN Analyst will use their clinical background and subject matter expertise (SME) experience to benefit the build and support of the EHR application assigned. Serve as a clinical leader and resource in promoting the understanding, integration, and application of information technology in healthcare settings. Acts as a liaison and advocate between clinical care and information technology, supporting all healthcare disciplines throughout the care continuum in the implementation, use and optimization of clinical applications. Recommends solutions to enhance functionality for clinical staff efficiency, patient care, regulatory requirements, quality, safety, outcomes and research. Serves as a consultant in the application of documentation standards within the electronic health record. Contributes to the development of policies, procedures and/or clinical guidelines.
The RN analyst is responsible for supporting basic application functions, performing system configuration tasks, resolving problems, performing system upgrades and patching, and meeting all customer expectations for clinical applications. Works collaboratively to ensure the effective performance of the application. Develops strategies for change management and system performance improvement utilizing quality improvement principles, practices, and tools. Coordinates aspects of planning, design, development, implementation, communication, maintenance and evaluation of existing or new functionality to ensure efficient processes/workflows. Expertly evaluates current workflows and develops and documents new workflows in collaboration with end users. Maintains current knowledge of organizational quality and business measures, and regulatory requirements and performs configuration of applications to support compliance. Works closely with Principal Trainers on workflows and in support of end user training. Gathers and analyzes data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. Responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings; complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. Performs a variety of complicated tasks and leads medium to large projects. May mentor, lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Previous hospital experience as an RN required
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and physicians required
- Ability to multi-task working on a variety of projects at one time
- Ability to work productively in teams and independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
- Previous experience in clinical informatics preferred
- Experience with project implementations preferred
- Experience with application configuration tools to support the clinical systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading and facilitating group/team process preferred
- As necessary to obtain a California RN license
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- State of California RN license required
- Epic orders certification preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours: