RN Cardiology (per diem)
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Under the leadership of the department director, assistant director, nursing supervisor, and/or charge nurse, the registered nurse is responsible and accountable for planning directing, assessing and providing nursing care according to the policies and procedures of the hospital and department. Important dimensions of this position consist of quality of care, professional commitment, teamwork, interpersonal skills, safety, good public/customer relations and a broad nursing knowledge. The registered nurse is an experienced nurse who shall orient new staff, precept students, and assume relief charge nurse duty as oriented and assigned.
The THI Resource Registered Nurse (THI-RN) reports to the THI Assistant Director - Cardiology. The THI-RN will have the skills to perform in the following roles as assigned: Perform stress testing (nuc, stress echo, treadmills) and participate in a rotating weekend/holiday call schedule for stress testing. Provide patient navigation for surgical and interventional cardiac patients within THI, provide inpatient education for cardiac patients (MI, OHS, PCI, CHF, and smoking cessation), and insure that all eligible patients are referred to cardiac rehabilitation. Perform EKG’s for both IP and OP orders. Provides patient education, coordination of care, management of core measures, case management in selected patients, and assuring continuity of care post-discharge.
- 1 year clinical experience with cardiac patients.
- 1 year experience in stress testing (preferred)
- Acute care hospital experience within the last 5 years.
- Weekend/holiday on-call rotation.
- Must pass the arrhythmia interpretation/telemetry test at 85% prior to completion of orientation and independent assignment of telemetry/monitored patients, then annually.
Assigned Work Hours:
8 -16 hours a week
Position Type:Per Diem