Job Description

Welcome to Montage Health’s application process!

Job Description:

The registered nurse is responsible and accountable for planning, directing, assessing and providing nursing care in the Outpatient Behavioral Health clinic, the Partial Hospital Program (PHP), and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). The RN will support the care of patients in the PHP and IOP programs for about 25% of their time, by performing nursing assessments, providing medication and nursing education on an individual or group basis, supporting utilization review as needed and participating in collaborative care. The other 75% of their responsibilities will be in the outpatient clinic, supporting the care of our patients by working collaboratively with the OBHS technicians and psychiatric providers to address patient clinical concerns and medication questions. The nurse will be the clinical liaison for interventions including but not limited to esketamine treatments, TMS treatments, and long acting injectable preparation and administration. The role includes patient education before and during treatment, insurance authorization and clinical support for treatments administered by the OBHS technicians. The RN is responsible for medication inventory within the clinic and is available for medication administration as needed. The RN reports to the Assistant Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health. The Medical Director, Lead Therapist, and other clinic providers will provide clinical and quality feedback. The registered nurse will provide clinical guidance and support for new hires, students and OBHS technicians. Important dimensions of this position include commitment to continuous learning, innovation, professionalism, and working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team. Must have strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, curiosity, prioritization of safety and quality of care. Must have a broad range of nursing knowledge. 


Minimum of one year experience working with psychiatric patients as a registered nurse preferred.


Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.

Must pass orientation and initial competency assessment prior to independent assignment of patients requiring the applicable skill, and must complete and pass all annual competencies.


State of California RN license required. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required.  ANCC Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Board Certification preferred.

Equal Opportunity Employer


Assigned Work Hours:

Monday to Friday

Varied hours

Shift start time 7:45am - 4:15pm

Position Type:

Per Diem

Pay Range (based on years of applicable experience):




The hours employees work determine when a shift differential is paid.

Hourly Evening Shift Differential: $5.50

Hourly Night Shift Differential: $8.00

Application Instructions

Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!

Apply Online