Physical Therapist-Inpatient Rehab Unit
Work Hours: M-F plus one weekend a month
Physical Therapist - IRU
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Relocation Assistance
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
We are currently seeking CA-licensed Physical Therapists to join our inpatient rehabilitation unit (IRU) team. As a member of our IRU, you'll enjoy a supportive work environment, training, and teaching opportunities, and generous continuing education benefits and scholarships for your continued professional growth. You'll also find an environment that prizes teamwork, initiative, and input, demonstrates a shared commitment to excellent patient care, and offers recognition for employee contributions.
The physical therapist is responsible for supporting the mission of the hospital by providing quality physical therapy services to patients of all ages who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities, or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease or other causes. The physical therapist interacts, collaborates and communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team, physicians, patients and patient's families for optimal patient and program outcomes. The physical therapist educates, engages in critical inquiry, directs and supervises physical therapy services including support personnel. Physical therapy services include examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, and intervention of the patient in order to reduce disability. The physical therapist also provides prevention and wellness services. The physical therapist shall also assist with any and all other duties as assigned.
- Must have demonstrated track record of effective collaboration with care team members of all disciplines and ability to function optimally as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, and visitors
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner, verbally and in writing
- Basic computer and word processing skills required
- Previous inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
· Candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited physical therapy educational program.
· Master's or doctorate degree preferred
· Physical Therapist license issued by the Physical Therapy Board of California
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification
- Functional Independence Measure (FIM) competency must be met within 90 days of hire and retested every six months.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 3074