Health Coach_Disease Mgmt Wellness Svcs
Full Time (Exempt)
Work Hours: Mon - Fri, Vaired hours
Health Coach, Bilingual
Purpose of Position
The Health Coach is responsible for improving health outcomes by providing health promotion, disease management, and health education services to the diverse populations that CHI serves.
The Health Coach will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing disease prevention/management and care coordination services to health plan members, patients, and community members. Working in partnership with a growing number of local organizations, the Health Coach assists with identifying lifestyle modification opportunities, establishing goals and action plans, and conducting follow-up to support sustainable behavior change. Additionally, this position will support a variety of chronic condition management and wellness services including, but not limited to:
- Providing patient-centered health coaching activities across the continuum of care in order to facilitate and promote high quality, cost effective outcomes focused on self-management decision support.
- Acting as the liaison between the patient, the patient’s support network, treating physician(s), and ancillary providers utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach to assess, identify, plan, set goals, and measure optimal clinical outcomes.
- Employing behavior change/motivational interviewing skills to assess readiness, encouraging long and short term goal setting, engaging patients following standard policies and procedures, and adhering to clinical guidelines and national evidenced-based criteria.
- Working collaboratively with all CHI team members and stakeholders including but not limited to: physicians and their office staff, hospital staff, local employers, health agencies, and partnering health systems.
- Using technology tools to identify and target the needs of at risk populations and documenting patient progress in electronic medical record systems.
- Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of CHI programs and outreach activities to improve optimal health outcomes. May include onsite program promotion, biometric screenings, managing wellness challenges, developing health education content, providing health education lectures, and assisting with targeted outreach campaigns to address population health needs.
- Acting as a patient advocate responding to and working to resolve patient concerns or barriers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field (i.e. health promotion, public health, nutrition, kinesiology, etc.)
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- At least two years experience as a health coach or providing impactful health promotion/disease management services (clinical setting preferred)
- Knowledge of managed care concepts, health promotion strategies, transtheoretical model and other behavior change tools
- Strong commitment to teamwork with ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives
- Ability to thrive in a continually evolving environment
- Ability to tailor information at the appropriate level of health literacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to apply motivational interviewing techniques
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong proficiency in Windows-based database applications
- Ability to work independently and manage a large caseload with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with patients to develop health enhancement strategies to improve patient outcomes
- Exceptional problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively establish rapport with patients, providers, and stakeholders in person and via telephone
- Experience with developing and implementing wellness and engagement activities, including evidence-based health education materials
- Health Coach certification
- ACSM, CHES, Wellcoaches or related certification
- Experience working in a healthcare setting and/or documenting in electronic medical records
CHI is committed to deliver exceptional population health services to Monterey County. Our success Community Health Innovations (CHI) is a population health enterprise established to transform healthcare in Monterey County.
CHI is owned by two large healthcare systems -- Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System -- partnering to improve the health and well-being of our communities. This collaboration creates a unique opportunity to positively disrupt the traditional provision of medical care by focusing on wellness and empowering individuals to better manage their health.
We are passionate about improving healthcare value, unburdening clinicians, and inspiring individuals to live their best life.
If you want to make a difference, use your talent to help people live healthier, work with a fun and dynamic team, and change your life -- CHI might be the place.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2897