Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for the administration of donor supported grant and scholarship programs serving three different but related objectives:
Montage Health Foundation makes grants to a wide range of Montage Health Initiatives, with special focus on programs that strategically address critical areas of need to improve overall health and wellness in Monterey County. Grants applications are accepted in four cycles annually.
Montage Health Foundation administers grant programs to support the research, professional growth and health-related volunteerism of local physicians who are part of the Medical Staff at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.
Montage Health Foundation provides support for the community’s future generation of medical professionals by awarding scholarships to local students and/or Montage Health employees pursuing healthcare higher education.
The Grants Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director of Montage Health Foundation and will be a member of the operations team.
The Grants Coordinate will:
- Coordinate grant and scholarship application processes, including, applications, compliance, docket materials, and selection committee materials
- Coordinate with all relevant staff, board members, grantees and applicants to secure approvals, process award letters, management payment details and meet other grant processing needs
- Flag potential legal or conflict of interest issues for Montage Health Foundation leadership and selection committee
- Tracking and monitor status of reports; oversee reporting requirements, ensuring timely submission of outcome reports
- Send reminders to grantees according to policies and procedures
- Ensure that grant funded activities meet grant performance measures as noted in applications
- Maintain grants forms, policies, and procedures
- Training staff as necessary to ensure system continuity
- Support selection and implementation of an out-of-the box Grants data system to support the growing grant and scholarship programs
- Support data migration to a new grants management system
- Special emphasis will be on outcome measurement to facilitate sharing impact stories with various audiences
- Other projects as assigned
Successful candidates will:
- Understand grant management cycle design, monitoring and evaluation
- Focus on accuracy of data entry as well as data management
- Handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders who receive grant funding or scholarships
- Thrive on the collection, organization, and analysis of data
- Be Proficient in Excel, working with budgets, spreadsheets and preparing performance metric/outcomes reports
- Be a self-starter who enjoys data and creation of excellent and efficient internal processes
- Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues
Three to five of experience in nonprofit work related to grant-making and/or academic scholarship administration. Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and experience with databases is required.
Bachelor’s degree in communication, business, related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Assigned Work Hours: