Community Program Manager- Blue Zones Project
6345 – Community Program Manager
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
If you are a leader driven to make a difference; If you enjoy interacting with people and are passionate about improving the well-being of others; If you thrive while collaborating with a strong, results-driven team and enjoy challenging yourself and others to find creative solutions, join us!
Be part of a team that’s bringing innovative leaders together from across the community to lead and ignite a movement to improve well-being on a significant scale – a movement that promises to help your friends, family, and neighbors in the Monterey Peninsula live longer, better.
Blue Zones Project is rooted in lessons learned from the world's longest-lived cultures. We translate these lessons into sustainable environmental changes that strengthen social ties, reshape the places where people spend their time,and sharpen policies to support healthy choices.
By engaging a critical mass of individuals and organizations to participate — from worksites and schools to restaurants and grocery stores — the small changes contribute to huge benefits: lowered healthcare costs, improved productivity, and ultimately, a higher quality of life.
The Community Program Manager is responsible for leading the transformation of a community into a Blue Zones Certified Community through the adoption and implementation of a community wide well-being improvement Blueprint. You will manage the local direct staff and leverage volunteers from the community to make sure the local initiative, consisting of multiple programs/projects are being executed successfully as measured by:
- Local approval and execution of a community wide well-being improvement Blueprint that drives year-over-year improvement in the Gallup-Sharecare Well-Being Index.
- Adoption and execution of pledges to allow the community to earn the designation as a Blue Zones Community.
- Other community metrics outlined during the blueprint phase.
- Hire and manage the local BZP team and establish a local volunteer Steering Committee to execute and oversee the project.
- Lead the development of a community Blueprint that will lead the community to Blue Zones Project Certification and achieve long-term sustainability of project’s mission and goals.
- Leverage the subject matter experts from the corporate Blue Zones Project team to train the staff to execute the project.
- Develop positive working relationships and collaborate with community leaders (government, schools, non-profits, employers, health care organizations) to create synergies, build upon best practices, and influence the adoption of recommended policy and environmental change.
- Develop key media partnerships to successfully execute community marketing and engagement plan, through alignment with countywide strategies.
- Lead community Blue Zones Project spokesperson role - speak at local community events and organizations to encourage engagement by those groups.
- Manage to the budget and ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee creation of an overall project communication plan, which includes earned media and provides creative ideas for promotions and educational opportunities and ensure alignment with countywide messaging
- Review and provide timely feedback on all communications materials related to the project.
- Track and monitor progress and outcomes of policy changes, organizations and leaders engaged in the projects/initiatives, and assist with data collection and reporting of overall project outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the countywide team to ensure consistent implementation
- Serve at the primary contact with local municipalities for engagement in Blue Zones project and implementation of policy in support of the Blue Print
- Implement policy goals and priorities as defined by the county policy leads and in support of the community Blue Print,
- Strong team leader of direct report employees as well as staff within a partnership context where specific team members are not direct reports.
- Adept at working with all levels of Government, non-profit organizations, schools and employers/businesses to align complex communities around a common campaign for improved well-being.
- Experienced in driving policy changes from analysis through adoption.
- Compelling and accurate written/oral communications skills as it relates to driving initiatives, managing point of view and training community leaders.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects / volunteer leaders simultaneously and focus effort and resources in the highest priority areas while executing on-time and at/under budget. Must be able to multi-task and deliver under pressure from various stakeholders.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with key partners.
- Ability to represent Blue Zones Project with partners, the public, and media.
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills.
- Energetic, charismatic and a passion for the Blue Zones Project mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree /Masters preferred.
- 10 + years’ experience in operations, leading successful government and/or community organizing campaigns/projects or comparable private sector initiatives. Health Care/Wellness experience preferred, but not required.
- Track record of managing diverse resources including volunteers in complex projects that are on-time and at/under budget.
- Well-connected in the target community in which the project is taking place.
- Bilingual preferred
Sharecare, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.