Business Intelligence Operations Manager-Aspire
Welcome to Montage Health’s application process!
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Purpose of Position
The Manager of BI Operations over-sees and manages all business intelligence operations including the entire data flow cycle from intake to output, the data request process from start to finish, and all operational documentation and reporting. The Manager also ensures BI projects are scoped, planned, executed, and completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for life cycle of data automation requests, troubleshooting or triaging issues as necessary and acting as the intermediary between BI and both internal and external customers.
- Oversight of the creation and maintenance of all process and technical documentation within the scope of BI.
- Creation, generation, distribution and maintenance of all regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting including monthly executive reporting as well as monthly inter-department reporting, employer-sponsored benefit plan quarterly slide decks, and any other recurring reporting as requested.
- Responsible for complete life cycle of data/reporting for BI team from inbound request to end user sign off, including monitoring team email as front line intake for requests, participating in or guiding the process of evaluating/clarifying data needs with internal/external customers, creating reports to satisfy those needs or triaging to appropriate team member and setting, managing and exceeding customer expectations in both communication and quality of end product.
- Manage team to ensure projects are clarified, scoped, planned, executed and completed and are delivered in an effective and timely manner according to current departmental standards.
- Plan/conduct team standups and planning sessions, managing work flow for the team to keep requests on track and to ensure appropriate prioritization.
- Responsible for productivity tracking to include generating reports on team productivity and volume and identifying and implementing best practices for workflow.
- Identify and monitor trends, and develop and implement resolution plans to ensure the department maintains the level of service required by customer expectations and standards.
- Oversight of the ongoing development, implementation and documentation of Quality Assurance (QA) processes and responsibility for reporting, tracking and moving issues through the process from identification to rectification.
- Partner with and support leadership across the organization on assigned projects ensuring company goals and initiatives are met.
- Owner of committee meetings as assigned, to include scheduling and leading prep meetings, developing and dispersing agendas, taking meeting minutes and producing meeting summary and follow up items, and ensuring that committee members have completed follow up items prior to next meeting.
- Ensure proper operation of company hardware, software programs, and phone handling systems; troubleshoot and work with multiple systems.
- Manage vendors and related entities delegated to perform specific plan operations in department’s areas of responsibility.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Identifies, analyzes, organizes, and solves problems and issues in a timely, effective manner; uses data and input from others to make sound, timely decisions even in the face of uncertainty.
- Highly organized: Excels in (and enjoys) making structure from chaos and is able to work with varying personality types to reach solutions. Makes sure deadlines are tracked and met and looks ahead to manage tech team’s workflows as well as customer expectations.
- Integrity: Consistently honors commitments and takes responsibility for actions and words.
- Flexibility: Demonstrates adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others, understanding their attitudes, needs, interests, and perspectives.
- Inclusiveness/Team mentality: The ability to network and partner with all internal and external stakeholders. Always looking for opportunities to help others meet their needs, and willing to do basic administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or 3 years equivalent experience in related or similar positions
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel and ability to work comfortably in all other Microsoft products
- Technical skills/mindset (experience with SQL Server, SSMS, Visual Studio is a plus)
- Tableau reporting experience
- Agile familiar/certified (preferred)
- PMP certification or 2 years equivalent experience in project management
- Ability to oversee technical projects and skilled in speaking to technical staff as well as executive levels and bridging the communication gap between tech and non-tech
- Able to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to meet established deadlines and effectively manage customer expectations
- Ability to work under stress and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to motivate others, maximizing both team experience and performance
Aspire Health Plan is a locally owned Medicare Advantage HMO that provides comprehensive medical coverage to seniors and other Medicare recipients in Monterey County. We’re proud to be a community-centered organization backed by Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula and Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital. Over 700 doctors, many other healthcare providers, and all four Monterey County hospitals are part of the Aspire Health Plan network. It’s the care you need from people you know.
Aspire Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Assigned Work Hours:
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2022-1093