Application Analyst, Hospital Billing/Charge Router/CDM
Full Time (Exempt)
Work Hours: 8/M-F
Application Analyst, Epic Hospital Billing/Charge Router/CDM
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Employee Dining
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
Responsible for supporting basic application functions, performing system configuration tasks, maintaining security, resolving problems, and meeting all customer expectations for applications maintained by the Health Information Technology (HIT) department. Responsible for upgrading and patching applications. Responsible for generating and compiling reports.
Serves as the liaison between the staff, technology teams, and support teams. Utilizes application expert knowledge and tools to optimize applications. Develops strategies for change management and system performance improvement. Collaborates with users and vendors in resolving system problems. Participates in planning, building, evaluating, testing, implementing, and documenting new processes, modules, screens, and interfaces for business systems. Guides application users in identifying functional requirements and implementing effective information support systems. Guides system users in evaluating their processes in order to define, simplify, and automate the activities comprising each process. Recommends automated solutions. Leads small projects. Must be able to effectively utilize incident management tools and procedures to accurately track and escalate issues. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Extensive implementation, support & maintenance of SBO (includes: PB out of HB on UB), Charge Router and Charge Department Master (CDM), Statements, Revenue Integrity & Guardian, Contract/Benefit Engine, Reporting Workbench and Dashboard Radar reports (include batch/extracts to 3rd party vendors) required
- Able to run chronicles queries/create reporting subsets required
- Strong Excel skills to create import templates, pivot tables, vlookup queries, etc. required
- Data Courier experience required
- Can prioritize requests from multiple parties, provide in-depth analysis of root causes, and communicate options/changes required
- Experience with California Billing and Claims/Remits preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in business strategies.
- Detail oriented.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work productively in teams and independently.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Resolute Hospital Billing Administration, Charge Router & Charge Master Epic Applications Certifications required
- Epic Resolute Hospital Claims Certification preferred
- Epic Resolute Professional Billing & Claims Certification preferred
- CEE Version 2018 preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2771