Wellness Program Specialist
Welcome to Montage Health’s application process!
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Aspire Health, owned by Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, is committed to inspiring every individual to live life to the fullest. Our mission is to improve the health of all by bringing together people, providers, payers, and community partners to promote wellness and help deliver the best possible care.
Aspire Health leverages preventive services, technology, and interdisciplinary care teams to support healthcare providers and payers in managing population health.
We are looking for a Wellness Program Specialist to work directly with members of our managed care contracts and the greater Monterey County community to promote wellness and encourage community members to engage with their wellbeing. This is a highly collaborative position working directly with internal teams, local physician offices, and community organizations to drive enrollment into our pediatric wellness program, chronic condition management program, and National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP). This is a great opportunity for any individual looking to bring their passion for wellness to an engaging, community-focused role.
- Support Aspire Health’s wellness program operations; key responsibilities include referral management, patient outreach, patient enrollment, and patient engagement
- Be accountable for enhancing and increasing participation in Aspire Health’s wellness programs
- Collaborate with Aspire Health team members to identify and respond to patient needs
- Liaison with physician offices and community partners to support program enrollment and operational efficiency
- Design, implement, and evaluate new and innovative outreach and engagement strategies
- Assist with wellness program delivery including, but not limited to, managing patient check-in, monitoring attendance, and aiding with group education
- Process documentation of patient interactions for reporting
- Respond to email and phone queries for the program
- Attend onsite outreach events, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, and efficient
- Ability to effectively engage members over the phone using evidence-based health promotion strategies
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, electronic medical records, and web-based solutions
- Knowledge of healthcare services, health promotion programs and community resources
- Experience with motivational interviewing, health education, wellness, and/or care coordination services
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
- Associate of Science, equivalent or higher, in health related field (i.e. public health, wellness, nutrition, exercise science, etc.) from an accredited college or university; relevant professional experience may substitute for education
Assigned Work Hours:
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2022-942