Sterile Processing Supervisor
Welcome to Montage Health’s application process!
Under the leadership of the department director and assistant director, the Sterile Processing Supervisor reports to the assistant director and is responsible for all aspects of the department. Responsible for overseeing and managing the sterile processing areas supporting Surgical Services and coordinating the reprocessing of and delivery of items to other areas within the health care organization. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to improve sterile processing services. Develop and maintain a quality improvement program for sterile processing.
Support and integrate current evidence and standards into sterile processing services. Oversee the development and training of new hire employees and continuing education of current staff.
Maintain accurate sterilization and processing records according to established standards and regulatory requirements. Ensure that comprehensive data necessary to support the department is collected; analyze the data to provide the optimum workflow and utilization of resources. Develop work plans, methods and procedures, determine work priorities and schedules to provide adequate staff coverage.
Resolve challenges encountered during daily operations and determine appropriate solutions; promote teamwork. Encourage regular communication, informs staff of relevant business issues.
This position requires the ability to:
- Manage multiple projects and deal effectively with a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Effectively communicate and present information to employees, suppliers and team members
- Understand and promote lean operation processes and other best practices.
- Minimum three years experience in sterile processing, central supply, or perioperative services
- Previous supervisory experience in sterile processing, operating room, or supply chain services desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic MS Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word
High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent work experience in related field.
Associate Degree or equivalent from two year college preferred.
Current CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician) required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours:
Variable, shifts depending on department needs.
Pay Range (based on years of applicable experience):$37.26
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2023-1396