Senior Events and Office Specialist- Blue Zones Project
5255 – Specialist, Sr. Event and Office
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
Sharecare, in collaboration with Montage Health, is working to help people live longer, better lives by improving their surroundings.
If you are a marketer driven to make a difference; If you enjoy interacting with people and are passionate about improving the well-being of others; If you thrive while collaborating with a strong, results-driven team and enjoy challenging yourself and others to find creative solutions, join us!
Be part of a team that’s bringing innovative leaders together from across the community to lead and ignite a movement to improve well-being on a significant scale – a movement that promises to help your friends, family, and neighbors in Salinas, California live longer, better.
Blue Zones Project is rooted in lessons learned from the world's longest-lived cultures. We translate these lessons into sustainable environmental changes that strengthen social ties, reshape the places where people spend their time, and sharpen policies to support healthy choices.
By engaging a critical mass of individuals and organizations to participate — from worksites and schools to restaurants and grocery stores — the small changes contribute to huge benefits: lowered healthcare costs, improved productivity, and ultimately, a higher quality of life.
The Sr. Event and Office Specialist is responsible for the execution of the local Blue Zones Project engagement events, volunteer oversights and provide general office support. This person will manage event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time and budget limits. This person will develop strategies to maximize participation and engagement of individuals and organizations in Blue Zones Project events and activities while representing stakeholder brands in a positive light. This role is responsible for leading partnerships with volunteer organizations, oversees volunteer recruitment and training, and coaches other volunteer specialists. This role with oversee the strategic initiatives that culminate in meeting established deadlines. Development and management of the committee lists, tracking sheets and project overview platforms will be managed by this role. This person will undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks. This role will create and manage the project calendar, as well as facilitate ensuring all items needed for successful meetings are available. This person is an integral part in ensuring that the office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities.
- Event Support
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors, volunteers and stakeholders during event planning
- Create and distribute event listing pages on social media websites
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Establish standardized event procedures and train staff into properly executing them
- Build and adhere to an event budget to avoid project overruns
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- Volunteer management
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to support the project
- Nurture partnerships with existing volunteer clearinghouses and coordinators in other organizations
- Develop and follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintaining files and records with effective filing systems
- Manage digital assets
- Landing Pages
- Forms / RSVPs
- Social Media accounts (team plays a role in this but Clarissa manages)
- Create surveys for team members as needed
- Creative Brief Requests
- Manage Monterey County folder on the Best Practice Center
- Support and learn from Lisa!
- PR Support
- Write press releases
- Submitting press releases and media advisories as needed
- Support live events as needed
- Project Management
- Set up Smartsheet pages to manage team event calendars, etc.
- Manage meetings (calendar requests) as needed – i.e. for kickoff
- Support other staff with various administrative tasks
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong relationship building skills; capable of working with internal and external teams and partners.
- Experience coordinating large-scale events.
- Familiarity with event registration software.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and manages time and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment but remain appropriately detail-oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under pressure from various stakeholders.
- Track record of leveraging diverse resources, including volunteers in complex projects that are on-time and at/under budget.
- Compelling verbal and written communications skills as it relates to inspiring volunteers to participate.
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Creative, inspiring, influencing, collaborative, and responsible.
- Energized by Blue Zones Project mission.
- 3 + years of event planning, managing volunteers and/or committees, and office coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, hospitality management, marketing or related areas; experience in lieu of education also considered.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Sharecare, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.