RN Clinical Educator/DSD/SNF Westland House
Welcome to Montage Health’s application process!
Under the leadership of the department director, the DSD/Clinical Educator is responsible for providing formal and informal education programs for the staff of Westland House with planning assistance from the Management Team of the respective departments. DSD/Clinical Educator plans, implements, and evaluates educational programs to provide learning opportunities to all nursing personnel and to all community disciplines involved in the care of residents. The DSD/Clinical Educator possesses a broad scope of knowledge and skills to facilitate improved patient outcomes and improved staff performance in the clinical setting. The DSD/Clinical Educator possesses the skills and knowledge to competently provide the appropriate services to patients and staff. The in-services are to enhance knowledge and skills in order to provide the highest quality care and to achieve their maximum professional growth. Promotes CHOMP's mission and values.
Must have two (2) consecutive years of experience in field of nursing immediately prior to application. Minimum of one (l) year of full-time experience as a licensed nurse in providing direct nursing care to aged persons, preferably in an acute or long-term care community. Minimum of one (1) year of experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs in the field of nursing.
- Plans, organizes, develops, and teaches an ongoing educational program for the development and improvement of necessary skills and knowledge for all SNF staff as required by applicable regulations.
- Maintains current records for all educational sessions, trainings, and in-services as required by applicable regulations and in accordance with CHOMP procedures. Ensures records and copies of licenses and certifications are current for all SNF Staff.
- Provides input for all clinical staff hiring and performance appraisal processes to the DON. Administers annual competency tests for all clinical staff and provides ongoing feedback to the DON as needed. Serves as a liaison between the CNA staff and nursing management.
- Conduct routine rounds to assess care provided by CNAs, LVNs & RN’s including, but not limited to Resident Rights, safety and proper nursing care procedures. Provides hands-on training to SNF staff while working with residents.
- Provides 1:1 audits and education as necessary.
- Develops and coordinates mandatory orientation program for all new hires. Provides special educational in-services for all staff as required.
- Assists DON in the review and revision of SNF policies and procedures in accordance with law and regulations to ensure that the highest quality of care and service is being delivered.
- Participates & assists in the mock survey and survey process.
- Participates & assists DON with the Infection Control Program and its activities in accordance with Federal and laws and regulations.
- Conducts Medication Pass Skills Testing and documentation of medication and medical record keeping trainings to Licensed Staff. Provides 1:1 education and audits as necessary.
- Observes and reports techniques of Licensed Staff during treatments. Coordinates training efforts with DON.
- Observes and techniques of the Food Service Staff in dietary and sanitation compliance to the Director of Food Services and partners with EVS regarding performance related to sanitary practices regarding spills and soiled linen handling.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) function by collecting and analyzing data, establishing new procedures to assure correction of recognized care issues, and reporting at CQI meetings as requested by administrator or DON.
- Partnering with Human Resources in the tracking of physicals, vaccinations, licenses & certifications, etc.
- Assist the Safety Coordinator in the facilities’ disster & safety plans especially in the area of fire drills and safety meetings for SNF staff.
- Participates or conducts interdisciplinary team/resident care and other appropriate meetings in the Director of Nursing's absence.
- Assists with completing of MDS as requested by Administrator or DON.
- Perform HIPPA compliance training for all staff.
- Perform related work as assigned, including working as a Charge Nurse as needed.
State of California RN license required.
DSD Certification by the California Department of Public Health.
American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required.
Equal opportunity employer.
Assigned Work Hours:
Mon - Fri
Pay Range (based on years of applicable experience):$64.08
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2023-388