Registered Nurse - Ohana
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
The registered nurse is responsible and accountable for planning, directing, assessing and providing nursing care in the Ohana outpatient clinic and the Partial Hospital Program (PHP). The RN will support the care of patients in the Ohana PHP for about 25% of their time, by performing nursing assessments, providing medication education and participating in the collaborative care of the PHP patients. The other 75% of their responsibilities will be in the outpatient clinic, supporting the care of our patients by managing phone calls with clinical questions, determining what intervention may be needed for those patients and communicating with the other members of the medical team. The Ohana RN reports to the Ohana Director of Operations, but will be clinically supervised by the PHP Program Manager and the clinic medical staff. The registered nurse shall assist with new nursing staff orientation, and provide clinical guidance and support for nursing students and medical assistants. Important dimensions of this position include commitment to continuous learning, innovation, professionalism, and working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team. Must have strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, curiosity, comfort prioritizing safety, quality of care, and a broad range of nursing knowledge.
Minimum of one year experience working with child and adolescent psychiatric patients as a registered nurse preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Must pass orientation and initial competency assessment prior to independent assignment of patients requiring the applicable skill, and must complete and pass all annual competencies.
State of California RN license required. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS (required).
CHOMP provided de-escalation training must be obtained within first 6 months of hire.
ANCC Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Board Certification preferred.
Assigned Work Hours: