Registered Nurse - Dialysis Services Manager
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Under the leadership of the department director, the dialysis service manager collaborates with the director in planning, goal setting, developing department budgets, and coordinating supplies/equipment, staffing, and care/service to carry out the department’s responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner in conjunction with and support of Community Hospital’s strategic plan.
The service manager sustains adherence to the Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements for the Dialysis Service. Will work in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the dialysis service team and medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
The service manager is responsible and accountable for assigned tasks such as supervising the department’s daily operations, including but not limited to, being a resource and role model to staff for problem resolution with issues with patient care, service delivery, safety, supplies, equipment, computer software, and customer concerns.
The service manager ensures staff has the appropriate orientation/training and competence for the care/service provided and that all staff adheres to Exceeding Expectations standards for professional conduct. This is achieved through supportive training, coaching, developing, evaluating staff performance, policy/procedure enforcement, and corrective action, if necessary.
The service manager plays a major role in supporting quality initiatives through ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, collection and analysis of quality and performance improvement data, assisting with development of future performance improvement targets and quality initiatives, and development or revision of department policies and procedures, as needed.
The service manager supports financial viability with attention on expenses, revenue, utilization and productivity in assigned cost centers, and tactical execution of Lean concepts.
The service manager must remain calm and professional when dealing with difficult customer situations, have an ability to de-escalate situations and listen objectively to assist in resolving issues, and provide the highest level of customer service. This person is a vital member of the team with the understanding that covering sick calls and time off requests within the department is a team responsibility.
- Three years acute RN experience within the last five years is required
- Management or charge nurse experience within the past three years is required
- Demonstrated teaching, leadership, and critical thinking skills are essential
- Team/workgroup participation and quality improvement experience preferred
- Critical care experience is desired
- Knowledge of Title 22, Joint Commission standards and other regulatory agency requirements
- Hemodialysis, CRRT and/or Peritoneal Dialysis preferred
Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Must be currently licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of California
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
- ACLS certification must be obtained prior to completion of orientation and independent assignment
- Completion of training to Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis and CRRT within one year required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours:
Full time, Exempt
Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. -5:30 p.m.