Registered Nurse Cardiology Ambulatory - Montage Medical Group
The Cardiology Care Ambulatory RN serves as a clinical partner to MMG physicians and advanced practice providers. The Ambulatory RN comprehensively collects information related to patient health status to assist in the development, execution, and evaluation of the care plan. This role utilizes evidence to drive clinical decisions and practice related individual and population health. Important dimensions of this position consist of quality of care, professional commitment, teamwork, interpersonal skills, safety, good public/customer relations and a broad nursing knowledge
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports physicians and advanced practice providers in the development, execution, and evaluation of patient care plans
- Closely monitors patients’ response to care plans, including medication adherence and at-home self-care as applicable
- Provides reinforcing education and coaching to patients through end-of-visit consultations
- Provides effective patient and family education customized to the patient’s needs. Education should include, but not limited to: disease state, treatment plan, medication regimen, diagnostic testing and results review as well as preventative health care measures.
- Manages incoming patient communication regarding symptoms, care plans, and treatments
- Connects patients to centralized services, such as care management, social work, and health coaching
- Performs independent patient assessments, evaluation, interpretation and implementation of care for the patient with the use of strong critical thinking skills.
- Develops nursing plan of care that is individualized for the patient in collaboration with the provider(s) and other members of the healthcare team.
- Appropriately assess, monitor and recognize abnormal findings and in diagnostic testing to include, but not limited to: electrocardiograms, extended holter monitors, cardiovascular imaging and laboratory results.
- Conducts independent nurse clinic visits to include, but not limited to: wound checks, suture/ staple removal and patient education.
- Assists with managing and triaging patient calls and medical advice requests.
- Assists in management of the anticoagulation clinic in collaboration with the provider(s) and medical assistant.
- Assists in medication management and refills in collaboration with the provider(s).
- Documents patient assessment findings, intervention and outcomes appropriately in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Communicates any abnormal findings back to the provider(s) or other appropriate healthcare team members in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality in adherence to HIPAA regulations in matters related to patient, family and facility staff.
Associate’s Degree – Nursing
A minimum of 3 years of practice as an RN with at least 1 year of cardiology experience. Experience with electronic medical record documentation. Working knowledge of quality standards and evidence-based practice.
California licensed Registered Nurse. Strong letters of recommendations (2).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Patient-centric problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Epic clinical documentation
- Ability to effectively collaborate across a multidisciplinary care team
HOURLY RANGE OF PAY
$57.00 to $77.00
Pay: $57 to $77/hour
Job Status: Full Time