Registered Nurse Ambulatory Urology - Montage Medical Group
The Urology Ambulatory RN serves as a clinical partner to MMG urologists and advanced practice provider. The Urology Ambulatory RN comprehensively collects information related to patient health status to assist in the development, execution, and evaluation of the care plan. This person will serve in a matrixed supervisory role in partnership with the practice administrator or clinic manager. In the supervisory role, this person will be responsible for providing clinical guidance and direction to medical assistants and licensed vocational nurses, managing patient triage, leading pre-visit planning, and conducting end-of-visit patient education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports physicians and advanced practice providers in the development, execution, and evaluation of patient care plans
- Closely monitors patients’ response to care plans, including medication adherence and at-home self-care as applicable
- Appropriately assess, monitor and recognize abnormal findings and in diagnostic testing such as laboratory results.
- Conducts independent nurse clinic visits to include, but not limited to: catheter teaching, voiding trials, urodynamics, catheter changes, patient education, etc.
- Assists with managing and triaging patient calls and medical advice requests
- Manages incoming patient communication from phone calls and MyChart regarding symptoms, care plans, and treatments
- Leads clinical daily huddles with medical assistants and licensed vocational nurses
- Provides reinforcing education and coaching to patients through end-of-visit consultations
- Manages incoming patient communication regarding symptoms, care plans, and treatments
- Connects patients to centralized services, such as care management, social work, and health coaching
- Works closely with the clinic manager in the oversight of clinical support staff and provider schedules
- Mentors medical assistants and licensed vocational nurses to successfully develop them as effective, compassionate clinicians
- Partners with providers to ensure MMG’s patient population is receiving the right care in the right setting
- Supports in-office procedures and pends routine orders when necessary in adherence with standard protocols
- Other duties as assigned
Associate’s Degree - Nursing
Minimum one year recent (in past three years) clinical nursing experience, prefer urology experience. Experience with electronic medical record documentation. Working knowledge of quality standards and evidence-based practice.
California licensed Registered Nurse. Strong letters of recommendations (2).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Patient-centric problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Epic clinical documentation
- Ability to effectively collaborate across a multidisciplinary care team
Job Status: Full Time