Reg Cardio/Vascular Sonog-Cardiology (Echo/Vascular)
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Under the leadership of the department director and assistant director, the Cardiac and/or Vascular Technologist is responsible for the completion of daily studies ordered. Duties include performance of cardiac and/or vascular ultrasound studies. Cardiac studies include: 2D doppler/color echo, stress echo, Dobutamine stress echo, and assistance with TEE’s (intraop TEE). Vascular studies include: carotid imaging, venous imaging, physiologic arterial testing, hemodialysis access graft imaging, and Intra-operative imaging of vessels using sterile technique. Any findings are reported to the interpreting physician which is important in delivering necessary urgent care. Participation in an on-call rotation is a requisite.
- Cardiac echo tech proficiency must include: Adult echocardiography (following CHOMP ICAEL protocol), stress echo and TEE.
- Vascular tech proficiency includes: Physiologic testing (rest and exercise); arterial imaging and Doppler (upper and lower extremities); venous imaging (upper, lower and mapping); bypass graft imaging; GSV ablation, and carotid imaging and doppler.
- Must possess the skills to perform studies independently in at least two of the three modalities: echo, vascular ultrasound, and/or intraoperative TEE.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- 2 years acute care experience.
- Experience working directly with a vascular surgeon.
- Experience with stress Echo (exercise and pharmacologic) and pediatric echoes.
- Experience with intra-operative imaging and required sterile technique.
- Experience with digital imaging and reporting.
- If a registered Cardiac ultrasound tech: then proficiency in vascular ultrasound is desirable.
- If a registered Vascular ultrasound tech: then proficiency in cardiac ultrasound is desirable.
- Proficiency in intra op TEE
Graduate of an Ultrasound School.
Must be registered by ARDMS (RVT) or (RDCS) and/or CCI (RVS) or (RCS).
American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification (required).
Assigned Work Hours: