Quality and Program Improvement Coordinator
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Community Health Innovations (CHI) is a population health company, owned by Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, created to improve health and well-being in Monterey County.
We collaborate with doctors and hospitals, health plans, patients, and community partners to promote wellness, improve care, and help lower healthcare costs for everyone. CHI helps people find solutions to overcome barriers to good health - financial, emotional behavioral, and clinical - so they can be more active, more independent, and more in control of their health.
If you have a passion for helping people live healthy lives and want to work with a company where your contributions will make a positive impact to community health check us out. We are changing the direction of healthcare in Monterey County and are looking for like-minded people who thrive in a dynamic organization to join us.
Under limited supervision, the Quality and Performance Improvement Coordinator leads program evaluation, reporting and development activities for CHI’s Health Services department and innovation projects.
- Develops, manages and implements quality and performance improvement activities that are aligned with contract deliverables, health plan responsibilities, pilots and studies and strategic plan initiatives
- Partners with CHI leadership and stakeholders on the design and implementation of comprehensive strategies and action plans to improve clinical and population health outcomes
- Leads initiatives designed to build a culture of high performance through effective analysis of process and outcomes measures
- Assists leadership with planning and implementing communication and reporting tools that identify intended outcomes and demonstrate progress toward targets
- Develops and creates reports and graphical representations of data
- Provides subject matter expertise on clinical performance and outcomes evaluation for health services and innovation projects
- Evaluates options for clinical data management and retrieval, specifically addressing reporting tools, functionality, and criteria to meet the needs of health services and external stakeholders
- Directs the technical specifications that enable accurate programming evaluation and reporting, working with stakeholders of the clinical outcomes to ensure effective outcome measurement
- Performs outcomes evaluation with duties including but not limited to:
-Performing ongoing monitoring of health services activities to evaluate effectiveness and determine opportunities for improvement
-Ensuring compliance with contract and grant deliverable requirements
-Formulating conclusions, developing recommendations, and compiling results
- Applies accepted project management methodologies and ensuring compliance with the organization’s project, policy and procedural standards
- Works with Epic’s Healthy Planet analysts and experts to maximize its use in program evaluation
- Monitors project status, identifying and resolving/escalating issues, delivering progress reports on projects, and communicating updates to project stakeholders
- Identifies issues and risks and providing mitigation recommendation
- Develops and organizes tracking and recordkeeping systems and maintain accurate records
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a health care setting
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency with Windows-based PC systems
- Working knowledge of basic project management methodologies and tools, basic research, analysis and reporting methods
- Working knowledge of general administrative procedures and standard business office practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects, identify relevant stakeholders, effectively prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines, mitigate risk, and respond to changing priorities
- Ability to identify issues, conduct routine research, gather and interpret information and data, utilize various reporting methods, and make logical recommendations for action
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills and prepare reports
- Ability to compose routine communications content and proofread and edit content for style, tone, completeness, and consistency of brand message
- Ability to interact diplomatically with a wide variety of people, gather information from stakeholders, foster teamwork, and facilitate collaborative discussions
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity, anticipate needs, exercise resourcefulness in developing solutions, identify improvements to existing practices, and adapt to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Working knowledge of communications and graphic design strategies and best practices
- Knowledge and experience with Epic Healthy Planet preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration, Healthcare or a related field and a minimum of three years of experience related to population health performance, clinical program development, project coordination and evaluation or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Benefits: Competitive benefit plan
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Community Health Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.
Assigned Work Hours: