Primary Care Ambulatory Registered Nurse- Montage Medical Group
The Primary Care Ambulatory RN serves as a clinical partner to MMG physicians and advanced practice providers. The Ambulatory RN comprehensively collects information related to patient health status to assist in the development, execution, and evaluation of the care plan. This role utilizes evidence to drive clinical decisions and practice related individual and population health. This person will serve in a matrixed supervisory role in partnership with the practice administrator or clinic manager. In the supervisory role, the Ambulatory RN will be responsible for providing clinical guidance and direction to medical assistants and licensed vocational nurses, managing patient triage, leading pre-visit planning, and conducting end-of-visit patient education. The Ambulatory RN will monitor and develop plans to ensure patients are receiving preventive care, such as screenings and immunizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports physicians and advanced practice providers in the development, execution, and evaluation of patient care plans
- Closely monitors patients’ response to care plans, including medication adherence and at-home self-care as applicable
- Coordinates pre-visit planning activities to ensure patients have successful treatment and follow-up
- Leads clinical daily huddles with medical assistants and licensed vocational nurses
- Provides reinforcing education and coaching to patients through end-of-visit consultations
- Manages incoming patient communication regarding symptoms, care plans, and treatments
- Connects patients to centralized services, such as care management, social work, and health coaching
- Works closely with the clinic manager in the oversight of clinical support staff and provider schedules
- Mentors medical assistants and licensed vocational nurses to successfully develop them as effective, compassionate clinicians
- Partners with providers to ensure MMG’s patient population is receiving the right care in the right setting
Associate’s Degree – Nursing
A minimum of 3 years of practice as an RN with at least 1 year of Primary Care experience. Experience with electronic medical record documentation. Working knowledge of quality standards and evidence-based practice.
California licensed Registered Nurse. Strong letters of recommendations (2).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Patient-centric problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Epic clinical documentation
- Ability to effectively collaborate across a multidisciplinary care team
Job Status: Full Time