Work Hours: varies, mainly weekends
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
The Nutrition Technician is responsible for working with the clinical dietitians to provide medical nutrition therapy to meet the nutrition and education needs of inpatients. The Nutrition Technician works with the dietitian and diet clerks to coordinate accuracy of diet order and patient menus. The incumbent utilizes the computer systems for maintaining and updating patient diet order, food preferences, and room assignment. The Tech has the knowledge to correct modified diet menus and to coordinate food for patient trays, room service and/or nourishments with dietitians, diet clerks, traypassing shift leaders, cooks, and assistant cooks.
· Fluency, the ability to communicate orally, and the ability to read and write in English is required.
· Intermediate computer skills are required.
· The ability to project a positive, warm, friendly and healing attitude to the patients of Community Hospital is required.
· Excellent customer service is required.
· Intermediate knowledge of diet therapy is required.
· Food service, diet clerk, or clinical experience is preferred.
· A college degree in nutrition (2-year DTR/Nutrition Technician Program or 4-year program in nutrition, dietetics, etc), or have completed the fourth year of Nutrition and Diet Therapy Classes pending completion of final degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 2847