MyChart Systems Analyst I - HIT
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Under the leadership of the HIT Applications Manager, the System Analyst I is responsible for supporting all aspects of build, maintenance, break/fix and optimization in their assigned applications. This position collaborates with other application analysts, Clinical Informatics, Instructional Designers and users to maintain and optimize Montage’s electronic health record.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development, testing, validation and maintenance of the Epic application
- Use Clinical background and subject matter expertise to build and support the application
- Serve as a resource in promoting the understanding, integration and application of information technology in healthcare settings
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of clinical, technical and operational workflows to properly optimize the assigned application.
- Provide support to end users for software implementations, updates, and new version releases and document project issues
- Complete testing and workflow validation of assigned applications and modifications before implementation into all environments
- Gathering end user requirements and evaluating complicated workflows by working directly with end users
- Oversee implementation of upgrades and service updates
- Participate in on call coverage rotation as assigned
- Follow team standard operating procedures, polices, and use organization standard templates
HIT departmental responsibilities
- Maintaining focus on customer service and responsiveness
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Use of HIT tools, applications, and processes
- Maintain fluency in HIT and industry best practices, tools, applications, certifications and processes
- Follow departmental and organizational policies and procedures
- Prior work experience in systems analyst role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service
- Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience with "Patient Engagement" activities
- IT issue tracking software or "ticketing" systems (e.g. ServiceNow)
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, informatics, education, business, or information systems required. Equivalent experience may be substituted
Required certifications -
Preferred existing certifications -
- EpicCare Ambulatory
- Epic MyChart
- Additional Epic certifications or badges that help support Ambulatory/MyChart workflows (i.e. Order Transmittal, Smart Forms, Best Practice Advisories, Health Maintenance, In-Basket Configuration, Results Routing, Regulatory Reporting for Objective & Quality Measures)
Epic certifications is required within 90 days of completion date of course and as required to support new versions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours: