MDS Coordinator - Westland House
Welcome to Montage Health’s application process!
Under the direction and leadership of Department Director/Assistant Director, the MDS Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and MDS (minimum data set) in compliance with State and Federal regulations, as well as hospital policy and procedures. The MDS Coordinator will work with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to assure the accurate and timely completion of the RAI including all required Care Area Assessments (CAAs). MDS Coordinator shall use the RAI, MDS 3.0, Medicare 5 Star Quality Measures (QMs), and the Medicare Benefit Policy Manual (Chapter 8) to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Prepare and maintain MDS 3.0 completion schedule, including Assessment Reference Dates (ADR), and provide schedule to IDT.
- Accurately complete nursing sections of the MDS 3.0 within required timeframes.
- Assure IDT accurately completes MDS 3.0 within required timeframes.
- Perform thorough review of patients’ records, including records from acute care, to assure accurate ICD-10 coding and PDPM Case-Mix Group for each patient.
- Review each completed MDS to verify completeness and accuracy, and transmit to CMS within required timeframes to assure proper and timely reimbursement.
- Oversee care plan meetings with patients, families, or responsible parties.
- Speak with staff, patients, families, and/or responsible parties to assure the accuracy of resident assessments and CAAs.
- Assist Director in identifying patient’s "skilled needs" to assure proper documentation in compliance with Medicare regulations.
- Assist Director/Assistant Director in monitoring documentation and assist with staff education, as requested.
- Provide guidance and support to Director/Assistant Director and Administrator, as needed or requested, regarding documentation non-compliance, standards of care concerns, utilization of services, staff education needs, and other opportunities for improvement.
- Download and analyze Casper Reports and Facility 5 Star reports, monthly, and make recommendations to the Director, Administrator, Medical Director, and the Quality Assessment & Assurance committee, as needed or requested.
- Participate on facility Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement (QAPI) committees, as requested.
- Actively participate and provide support during CMS and TJC recertification surveys or investigation visits.
At least two years current experience as a MDS Coordinator and at least three years skilled nursing facility experience. Experience as a RN in an acute care hospital is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
State of California RN license required.
American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required.
Current MDS Resident Assessment Coordinator certification from AAPACN strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours:
Primarily, Tuesday to Thursday; 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2022-1379