Licensed Sleep Lab Technologist (RPSGT)
Work Hours: 7p-7a
Licensed Sleep Lab Technologist (RPSGT)
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including Continuing Education and Pension
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County"11 years in a row!
The Sleep Technologist performs comprehensive polysomnographic testing (demonstrating the ability to follow procedural protocols such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), and parasomnia studies). The Technologist collects data, while monitoring study-tracing qualities to ensure signals are artifact free and assures necessary adjustments are made in a timely manner, per protocol. The Technologist analyzes and integrates patient information in order to identify and meet patient-specific needs (physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, and pertinent medical/social history) and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the analysis and associated interventions under the general oversight of the Medical Director, or designee.
Job Duties include but are not limited to data entry, procedure room set up, standard industry standards of 2 patients per night/set ups (application of electrodes and sensors per accepted published standards), patient education (pre- and post testing procedures), data collection (preparation and calibration of equipment required for testing to determine proper functionality while troubleshooting as needed), appropriate application and utilization of auto, manual, bi-level, auto-bilevel, and adapt servo positive airway pressure titration therapies. The Technologist will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and education of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. The Technologist oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions. The Technologist accurately performs post study data transfers and documentations, along with post patient care and area clean-up. The Technologist scores sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines and scores clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals etc.) according to Center-specific protocols. A Registered Polysomnography Technologist (RPSGT) can perform the duties defined for a Registered Polysomnography Technician, and may provide oversight of other staff.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions required
- Must demonstrate judgment, tactfulness, and diplomatic communications and the ability to execute job functions while working routine 12-hour night shifts
- 18 months clinical experience preferred
- Excellent communication/diplomacy skills preferred
- Bi-Lingual preferred
- Successful completion of an accredited educational program leading to an associate degree with an emphasis in polysomnography, or successful completion of polysomnography program of no less than one (1) year duration associated with a state licensed and/or nationally accredited educational facility, or equivalent experience and documented proficiency of all competencies required of a Polysomnographic Technician required
- Successful completion of an accredited education program leading to an associate degree in respiratory care
- Documented participation in an average of ten (10) hours per year of AMA PRA category 1 CME or CEC sleep-related educational activities over a three (3) year period required
- Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist or equivalent required
Current registration with the Medical Board of California as a Polysomnographic Technologist required
Certification by the National Board of Respiratory Care as a registered respiratory therapist.
Licensed as a respiratory care practitioner by the Respiratory Care Board of California
Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2896