Integration Analyst I
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the Chief Information Officer, the Integration Analyst I reports to the Application Supervisor and is the primary support contact for the interfaces he/she is assigned to. Integration analysts coordinate the analysis, technical design, and all issue triage necessary to implement and support their assigned interfaces. They work closely with the interface project manager, application teams, and technical teams to ensure that interfaces meet the needs of your end users.
- Managing the entire cycle of interface application development, including analysis, design, specification, implementation, go-live, and support
- Working closely with application teams, subject matter experts, and third-party application experts to determine the business needs for interfaces, document the requirements, and configure the interfaces per the requirements.
- Working with this group to diagnose and resolve interface-related issues, and participating in their projects as needed.
- Coordinating various interface-specific tasks and activities like testing, build, cutover planning, and go live by engaging subject matter experts, vendors, and interface engine developers
- Working with interface engine developers to develop data-translation routines and methods to support
- Epic's and external systems' data and format needs
- Driving the interface projects, working with the interface project manager to ensure that results are achieved and deadlines are met
- Providing proactive support by monitoring live interfaces and collaborating with experts to provide permanent resolutions to problems
- Identifying and escalating risks associated with technical project tasks
- Coordinating application build requirements for conversion across teams
- Communicating with technical analysts and SMEs
- Defining the transport method by which extracted source system data will be communicated to Epic
- Troubleshooting the data transport mechanism
- Understanding Epic data structures and documenting technical specifications detailing target data elements
- Interpreting the defined scope and defined business requirements for each dataset in the creation of each technical specification
- If HL7 conversions are involved, analyzing and manipulating external data into an appropriate format for filing into Epic
- Communicating with technical and external database analysts
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Strong analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and clearly communicate solutions
- Ability to understand organizational requirements and their impact on the technical aspects of a solution
- Ability to work in a complex multi-communication-channel environment
- Skill at tracking tasks, defining next steps, identifying owners, and holding people accountable
- Ability to navigate HL7 and HTML
- Ability to coordinate activities involving multiple players, including vendors, subject matter experts, interface engine developers, and end users, to design, configure, and test interfaces
Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
Epic Certification is required with 90 days of hire and must be maintained.
Assigned Work Hours: