Instructional Designer, Epic Community Connect
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Under the leadership of the Epic Connect Program Manager, the Instructional Designer is responsible for supporting all aspects of end user education in their assigned applications. This position collaborates with application analysts and users to create, maintain, and deliver engaging, accurate, and informative educational material.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Mastering of assigned application(s) and applied workflows both technical and operational Development, testing, validation and maintenance of the Epic Training Environment or other training environments Work with end users to create workflow driven scenarios in training environments e.g. realistic patient build of dynamic data in Epic Training environments Teaching Credentialed Trainers and super users who will assist with classroom training for end users. This will include monitoring the trainer’s adherence to course curriculum, knowledge of applicable workflow, and overall Epic and non-Epic system knowledge Developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of technical and operational workflows to properly develop training curriculum and related materials Developing and maintaining course curriculum along with all training materials for the respective Epic application and non-Epic applications Designing and developing modes of assessment, quizzes, exams and other methods to measure effective knowledge transfer Conducting training as needed for staff utilizing Epic and non-Epic applications Leading educational efforts stemming from software implementations, upgrades, and updates. Coordinate closely with application analysts in order to develop accurate material in consideration of impacted end users roles to ensure effective education in advance of software implementations, updates, and new version releases Provide support to end users for software implementations, updates, and new version releases and document project issues Participating in testing and workflow validation of assigned applications and modifications before implementation into training and production environments Assisting application analysts in gathering end user requirements and evaluating workflows by working directly with end users Oversee implementation of online learning programs for assigned application areas Create engaging and accurate learning activities with compelling course content Maintain fluency in the field of online learning and assigned applications to apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design Ensuring all classroom training and related materials adhere to current Montage Health’s policies and procedures Follow team standard operating procedures, polices, and use organization standard templates
HIT departmental responsibilities
Maintaining focus on customer service and responsiveness Excellent communication both written and verbal Troubleshoot technical problems Master HIT tools, applications, and processes Maintain fluency in HIT and industry best practices, tools, applications, and processes. Follow departmental and organizational policies and procedures
Demonstrated experience in
- Education program planning and instructional design
- Development of training materials
- Proficiency with SnagIt, Camtasia, Captivate or other instructional design software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Presenting classroom material and coaching learners
- Assessment and evaluation methods of transfer of knowledge
- Customer service
- Microsoft Office products
Demonstrated experience in
- Two or more years of experience working as an end-user for user roles supported by assigned application(s) (i.e., working as an Ambulatory Medical Assistant (MA), Practice Administrator (Office Manager), Front Desk Registration and Scheduling, or in-office Biller/Coder for practice-based healthcare professional services).
- Adult education program planning and instructional design
- Building, testing, and maintaining an Epic Training Environment
- Learning Management Systems and applied use for an organization
- IT issue tracking software or "ticketing" systems e.g. ServiceNow
- Healthcare background
- RN Degree or Clinical Licensure
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, informatics, education, business, or information systems required. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
Preferred existing certifications
- Certified or Credentialed Trainer/Instructional Designer in at least two of the following areas, where one of the two areas is considered required:
- EpicCare Ambulatory Curriculum, with Training Environment Build (required)
- Cadence and Prelude Curriculum with Training Environment Build (conditionally required)
- Resolute Professional Billing Curriculum with Training Environment Build (conditionally required)
- Camtasia certification
- SnagIt certified
- RN or clinically licensed/certified
Epic certifications is required within 90 days of completion date of course and as required to support new versions.
SnagIt and Camtasia certifications required completed within 90 days of hiring and renewed within 90 days based on release of new versions or transitions to new instructional design software.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM