Health Coach, Bilingual - Community Health Innovations
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Community Health Innovations (CHI) is a population health company, owned by Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, created to improve health and well-being in Monterey County.
We collaborate with doctors and hospitals, health plans, patients, and community partners to promote wellness, improve care, and help lower healthcare costs for everyone. CHI helps people find solutions to overcome barriers to good health - financial, emotional behavioral, and clinical - so they can be more active, more independent, and more in control of their health.
If you have a passion for helping people live healthy lives and want to work with a company where your contributions will make a positive impact to community health check us out. We are changing the direction of healthcare in Monterey County and are looking for like-minded people who thrive in a dynamic organization to join us.
Purpose of Position
The Health Coach is responsible for improving health outcomes by providing health promotion, disease management, and health education services to the diverse populations that CHI serves.
The Health Coach will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing disease prevention/management and care coordination services to health plan members, patients, and community members. Working in partnership with a growing number of local organizations, the Health Coach assists with identifying lifestyle modification opportunities, establishing goals and action plans, and conducting follow-up to support sustainable behavior change. Additionally, this position will support a variety of chronic condition management and wellness services including, but not limited to:
- Providing patient-centered health coaching activities across the continuum of care in order to facilitate and promote high quality, cost effective outcomes focused on self-management decision support.
- Acting as the liaison between the patient, the patient’s support network, treating physician(s), and ancillary providers utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach to assess, identify, plan, set goals, and measure optimal clinical outcomes.
- Employing behavior change/motivational interviewing skills to assess readiness, encouraging long and short term goal setting, engaging patients following standard policies and procedures, and adhering to clinical guidelines and national evidenced-based criteria.
- Working collaboratively with all CHI team members and stakeholders including but not limited to: physicians and their office staff, hospital staff, local employers, health agencies, and partnering health systems.
- Using technology tools to identify and target the needs of at risk populations and documenting patient progress in electronic medical record systems.
- Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of CHI programs and outreach activities to improve optimal health outcomes. May include onsite program promotion, biometric screenings, managing wellness challenges, developing health education content, providing health education lectures, and assisting with targeted outreach campaigns to address population health needs.
- Acting as a patient advocate responding to and working to resolve patient concerns or barriers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field (i.e. health promotion, public health, nutrition, kinesiology, etc.)
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- At least two years experience as a health coach or providing impactful health promotion/disease management services (clinical setting preferred)
- Knowledge of managed care concepts, health promotion strategies, transtheoretical model and other behavior change tools
- Strong commitment to teamwork with ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives
- Ability to thrive in a continually evolving environment
- Ability to tailor information at the appropriate level of health literacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to apply motivational interviewing techniques
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong proficiency in Windows-based database applications
- Ability to work independently and manage a large caseload with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with patients to develop health enhancement strategies to improve patient outcomes
- Exceptional problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively establish rapport with patients, providers, and stakeholders in person and via telephone
- Experience with developing and implementing wellness and engagement activities, including evidence-based health education materials
- Health Coach certification
- ACSM, CHES, Wellcoaches or related certification
- Experience working in a healthcare setting and/or documenting in electronic medical records
Assigned Work Hours: