Fine Art Specialist (12 Month Temporary)
Welcome to Montage Health’s application process!
Fine Art Specialist | Montage Health Art Collection
Montage Health's Art Program provides a restorative counterpoint to the typical healthcare environment. Art is a central component of wellness at Montage Health, which was founded on a progressive belief in the integrated therapeutic power of medicine, art, and nature. Our Art Program is an essential partner to clinical care, community outreach, and employee well-being. It benefits patients, families, and staff by offering opportunities for enjoyment, curiosity, and contemplation. The Art Program embraces best practices in the field, validated by recent research, in the neuroscience and psychology of art in medical settings. Community Hospital was one of the first hospitals in the United States to establish an art in medicine program; today, over half of the hospitals in the U.S. have art programs.
Montage Health Foundation Art Program seeks candidates for a 12-month temporary Fine Art Specialist role focused on art handling and collections care. The position reports to the Collections Manager and works collaboratively with other support staff in the Art Program. The Fine Art Specialist is responsible for:
- Independently conduct small-scale art installations.
- Work with a team of art handlers to assist with large-scale art installations.
- Wrap, pack, and transport artwork and materials safely throughout Montage Facilities using the departmental vehicle.
- Transport artwork to/from framers, outside vendors, and donors.
- Maintain accurate and current location records in database for artworks in storage, on display throughout Montage Health facilities, and off-site for treatment/framing, etc.
- Artwork condition reporting and identification of conservation concerns
- Assist with maintaining collections storage organization, creating object housings, and environmental monitoring.
- Keep warehouse consistently clean and organized
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of experience in art handling and knowledge of current art collection registration practices, or an equivalent combination of academic qualifications and work experience.
- Knowledge and interest in fine art and familiarity with appropriate care and handling needs of different artistic media.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard best practices for art handling, packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials.
- Comfortable with using basic hand tools, power tools, and hardware.
- Interest and passion for art in the healthcare environment
- Experience working with databases (EmbARK experience preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well under deadlines independently, and as part of a team. Ability to take direction and ask for assistance, as needed, ensuring projects stay on schedule
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Must be discreet and reliable working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds safely
Equal opportunity employer.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Assigned Work Hours:
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Pay Range (based on years of applicable experience):$22.18
Pay: up to $29.68/hour
9am - 5pm</p><p><p><b></b></p>Temporary<p><p><b>Pay Range</b> (based on years of applicable experience):</p>$22.18<p>to</p>$29.68<input type='hidden' id='descFooter'>
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2023-112