Epic Training Mgr
Full Time (Exempt)
Work Hours: M-F 8-5
- Excellent pay and generous benefits, including a pension and scholarship reimbursement
- Excellent team-oriented culture
- Free onsite gym for employees
- Employee dining
- "Best Place to Work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
The training manager is responsible for communicating training policies and procedures across the organization and for overall coordination of training activities and trainers. (S)he is responsible for the development and on-going optimization of the Epic end-user training programs. (S)he is responsible for determining required training resources, directing and managing training team staffing, and securing facilities and equipment for classroom training. In addition, the training manager decides curriculum delivery methods, oversees the creation and maintenance of a realistic training environment, creates and maintains a course catalog and training schedule, and ensures all users are trained before they access the production environment.
Manages, supports, and empowers a quality team of Epic Principal Trainer, Credentialed Trainers and Super Users. Acts as a coach and positive role model for staff by establishing & maintaining a safe work environment that fosters positive morale. Appropriately monitors and addresses performance issues, applying corrective or disciplinary action when needed. Effectively manages staff in compliance with established policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
Works closely with senior management, Educational Services and Health Information Technology staff to determine strategy & priorities and to ensure the team is meeting business needs. Responsible for the education and change management process for all updates and changes to applications. Ensures that the training is delivered based on priorities and communicates progress effectively to all stakeholders. Leads or participates in technology related teams, workgroups and committees. Involves all disciplines and providers in problem solving and optimization. Evaluates factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and social impact when developing and implementing training programs. Promotes the understanding and effective use of information technology. Must be proactive in identifying critical business, technical, and/or operational issues and then drive issues to closure.
- Experience using / implementing Epic applications.
- Experience in formal and informal teaching of adult learners.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining technology based curriculum.
- Experience in project management, workflow design, learning management systems.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve within guidelines established by department management.
- Must be a self-starter and an initiator of action. Customer-service oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A creative problem solver with a willingness to take initiative and ownership of issues and to follow through to completion.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Demonstrates interest and skill in the use of computers.
- Working knowledge of Visio and project management software desirable. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of hospital operations. Project management skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Informatics or related field required.
- Epic certifications preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2844