Epic Analyst - Cadence, Prelude, and Referrals
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
Epic Analyst, Cadence/Prelude/Referrals
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees onsite
- Employee Commissary
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the Chief Information Officer, the Applications Analyst I reports to the Application Supervisor and is responsible for systems analysis, process/workflow optimization, software implementation, and support for applications maintained by the Health Information Technology department.
The Application Analyst is responsible for supporting basic application functions, performing system configuration tasks, resolving problems, performing system upgrades and patching, and meeting all customer expectations for clinical and/or business applications.
Serves as the liaison between the staff, technology teams, and support teams. Utilizes application expert knowledge and tools to optimize applications. Develops strategies for change management and system performance improvement utilizing quality improvement principles, practices, and tools. Collaborates with users and vendors in resolving system problems. Participates in planning, building, evaluating, testing, implementing, and documenting current and future state processes/workflows, modules, screens, and interfaces for applications. Guides application users in identifying functional requirements and implementing effective information support systems. Maintains current knowledge of organizational quality and business measures, and regulatory requirements and performs configuration of applications to support compliance. Guides end users in evaluating their processes/workflows in order to define, simplify, and automate the activities comprising each process. Works closely with Principal Trainers on workflows and in support of end user training. Recommends automated solutions. Leads small projects. Must be able to effectively utilize incident management tools and procedures to accurately track and escalate issues. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Extensive implementation, support & maintenance of patient work-queues, hospital outpatient department (HOD) and ambulatory registration workflows, authorization & ABN/MNC integrated workflows, batch jobs, Scheduling & Patient Access Reporting Workbench and Radar reports, scanning, documents and e-signature required
- Extensive implementation, support & maintenance of referrals configuration, patient class configuration, patient scheduling workflows, and HOD & ambulatory integration required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff required
- Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in business strategies required
- Ability to work productively in teams and independently required
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements required
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment required
- Customer-service oriented required
- Strong organizational skills required
- Epic Connect implementation and support experience preferred
- Epic Care Ambulatory implementation preferred
- Welcome implementation and support preferred
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Epic Cadence/Prelude/Referrals Epic Applications Certifications required
- Epic Real-Time Eligibility (RTE) & MyChart Epic Applications Certifications preferred
- CEE version 2018 preferred