Work Hours: M - F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Engagement Specialist - Community Health Innovations
Purpose of Position:
To meet the growing demand for providing health promotion, disease management, and health enhancement services to the diverse populations that CHI serves.
- The Engagement Specialist will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing care coordination services to CHI's growing book of business. The Engagement Specialist supports the multi-disciplinary team and will engage plan members, patients, and community members in identifying lifestyle modification opportunities, establishing goals and action plans, and conducting follow-up to support healthy, sustainable behavior change.
- Conducts telephonic outreach to educate members about their benefits and provides health education materials to assist members in self-managing their chronic conditions and enhancing their health
- Works collaboratively with CHI team members to meet member needs and raises concerns or questions when unsure about how to address needs or barriers
- Assists with managing provider referrals to get people connected with appropriate programs and services
- Provides support with printing, collating, and sending materials
- Identifies member needs and provides relevant resources such as, interdisciplinary team referrals, health education materials, community classes and programs, and condition-specific programming, etc.
- Schedules appointments for Health Coach(es) and performs reminder calls
- Assists with coordinating client and community events including assisting with equipment and supply pick-up, transport, delivery, set-up, and take-down
- Provides onsite assistance with health promotion activities including but not limited to: health fairs, biometric screenings, onsite program promotion, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service to all members and the community
- Supports development, implementation and evaluation of CHI programs and activities to achieve optimal health outcomes
- Acts as a patient advocate responding to and working to resolve patient concerns or barriers in a timely manner and escalates when appropriate
- Employs motivational interviewing skills to engage members and encourages members to enroll and/or participate in relevant health programs
- Maintains accurate records and provides progress reports of activities including by not limited to; outbound call attempts, inaccurate telephone numbers, messages left, successful outreach activities, member satisfaction, etc.
- Documents experience and interactions to provide ongoing feedback of member needs, outcomes, and observations with a goal of continuing to enhance and identify effective engagement strategies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively and actively engage members during telephonic outreach
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations
- Self-directed and the ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Detail oriented, well organized, and efficient
- Strong computer skills with a strong proficiency of Microsoft Office and other web-based solutions.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Knowledge of health and human services infrastructure, health programs and community resources.
- Experience in the health care setting preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3039