Engagement Specialist - CHI
Work Hours: M-F 8AM - 5PM
Engagement Specialist - Community Health Innovations
Purpose of Position
The Engagement Specialist is responsible for outreach activities that connect patients, health plan members, and the community to CHI’s health promotion, care coordination and disease management services.
The Engagement Specialist supports CHI’s multi-disciplinary team by identifying at risk populations and specific health needs, then referring to appropriate services. Additionally, this position will support a variety of chronic condition management and wellness services including, but not limited to:
- Conducting telephonic, mail, email, and in-person outreach to educate health plan members about their benefits and provide health education materials to support self-management.
- Working collaboratively with CHI team members to identify and respond to member needs.
- Managing provider referrals to connect patients with appropriate programs and services.
- Connecting members with relevant resources such as health coaching, care management, social work, health education, and other community and clinical services.
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating new and innovative outreach and engagement campaigns.
- Preparing and sending professional health promotion materials.
- Scheduling appointments for CHI services and performing reminder calls.
- Coordinating community events including equipment and supply preparation, pick-up, transport, delivery, set-up, and take-down.
- Providing onsite assistance with health promotion events including but not limited to: health fairs, biometric screenings, onsite program promotion, etc.
- Providing excellent customer service to all members, patients and the community.
- Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of CHI programs and activities to achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Acting as a patient advocate, responding to and working to resolve patient concerns or barriers in a timely manner.
- Using motivational interviewing skills to engage members.
- Maintaining accurate records and providing progress reports for activities including but not limited to; outbound call attempts, inaccurate telephone numbers, messages left, successful outreach, member satisfaction, community events, etc.
- Documenting interactions to provide ongoing feedback about member needs to enhance and identify effective engagement strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Science, equivalent or higher, in health related field (i.e. public health, wellness, nutrition, exercise science, etc.) from an accredited college or university; relevant professional experience may substitute for education
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively and actively engage members during telephonic outreach, using evidence-based health promotion strategies
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Detail oriented, well organized, and efficient
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, electronic medical records, and web-based solutions
- Knowledge of healthcare services, health promotion programs and community resources
- Experience with motivational interviewing, health education, wellness, and/or care coordination services
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
CHI is committed to deliver exceptional population health services to Monterey County. Our success Community Health Innovations (CHI) is a population health enterprise established to transform healthcare in Monterey County.
CHI is owned by two large healthcare systems -- Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System -- partnering to improve the health and well-being of our communities. This collaboration creates a unique opportunity to positively disrupt the traditional provision of medical care by focusing on wellness and empowering individuals to better manage their health.
We are passionate about improving healthcare value, unburdening clinicians, and inspiring individuals to live their best life.
If you want to make a difference, use your talent to help people live healthier, work with a fun and dynamic team, and change your life -- CHI might be the place.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2892