Director, Educational Services and Professional Development
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Under the leadership of the vice president/chief nursing officer, the Educational Services department director carries out the strategy and vision for the comprehensive coordination of educational programs for hospital staff, patients and the community that supports Community Hospital’s strategic plan, quality commitment, and values while complying with hospital policies/procedures and applicable laws and standards. The director is responsible for partnering with Human Resources, Directors, unit level leaders and other key stakeholders to develop and implement solutions that align with key business strategies and enhance leadership development and organizational performance. This position assesses, implements, and manages organizational development strategies, leadership development programs, clinical and non-clinical training programs and initiatives to improve overall organizational effectiveness, culture and performance.
* Assists in prioritizing organizational efforts and resources towards the implementation of patient experience and leadership development activities that are critical to the organization’s mission, vision, culture, values and strategic priorities.
* Facilitates team development interventions, including shared governance models.
* Assists in integrating a leadership competency model for selection, assessment, training and development and succession planning.
* Provides expertise for competency development, assessment and management. Sets the standard and plans, and regularly conducts, competency validation programs.
* Plans and implements continuing/ongoing education activities to expand current knowledge and where appropriate acquire and maintain certification using provider unit/interprofessional joint accreditation program and other resources. Conducts educational activities that inform, teach, and facilitate adoption of new procedures, technologies, equipment, and patient care trends with continuing education credits where appropriate. Facilitate the offering of clinical nursing specialty certification review programs.
* Creates a professional practice atmosphere and an environment of coaching, development, and cooperation by serving on committees and as a liaison between the department of nursing, external agencies/associations and professional and technical nursing educational institutions and faculty. Establishes collaborative relationships between practice and academia with targeted regional and national nursing programs. Supports the clinical student placements in collaboration with other nurse leaders.
* Assists in monitoring the effectiveness of all development and training initiatives against pre-defined metrics.
* Oversees Advanced Practice Provider program.
* Other duties as assigned by facility
The director is responsible and accountable for overall management of Education Services to include assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of care/services delivered; ensuring quality programs, patient safety, and a level of customer service that strives to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
The Educational Services and Professional Development director develops and mentors a high-performing team for all areas of responsibility through practice of excellent employee relations, attention to employee needs (including fostering effective working relationships training, developing/coaching and evaluating), performance improvement initiatives, a collaborative environment, and initiating personnel actions, when necessary, in accordance with Human Resource policies and organization philosophy.
The director ensures financial viability by managing both applicable revenue and expenses with attention to cost management, productivity in assigned cost centers, and tactical execution of Lean concepts. ??
The director establishes and maintains effective working relationships with medical staff, organizational leaders, and other departments and fosters a collaborative environment with department leadership and staff in order to achieve department goals.
The director serves as co-chairperson of the Clinical Advisory Committee, a multidisciplinary group aimed at the coordination of care including clinical issues that influence patient care, coordination resources, and timely communication. As co-chairperson, oversees the development and ongoing review and maintenance of patient care policies and procedures.
Minimum of five years of current clinical experience in an acute care setting. Teaching experience which includes personally developing and delivering content to clinical staff is required. Supervisory/management experience is strongly preferred.
Master’s degree with clinical and/or education focus
State of CA RN license required. Certification in Nursing Professional Development or Nursing Education from a nationally recognized nursing organization is preferred. Nursing Professional Development or Nurse Educator certification required within 24 months of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours: