Director, Community Health and Wellness
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Purpose of Position
This individual is responsible for leading, developing, planning, implementing, managing and evaluating CHI’s health promotion and wellness programs and projects. Additionally, this individual leads and manages an evidence-based comprehensive diabetes prevention and management program to lessen the personal, social and economic burden of the disease in Monterey County.
In collaboration with the executive leadership from CHI, Aspire Health Plan, Montage Health Foundation and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, the Director:
- Leads and supervises personnel associated with the Health and Wellness Department and the Diabetes Collaborative.
- Builds, promotes and convenes effective working relationships with CHI multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders to ensure successful achievement of objectives
- Budgeting and philanthropic program development.
- Coordinates and manages wellness initiatives and activity for contract clients including but not limited to; ensuring adherence to contract/proposal requirements, packaging services and pricing, invoicing clients and tracking payment activity, biometric screenings, wellness challenges, program promotion, and special events.
- Serves as primary contact to connect community members, and patient/members from all CHI business lines to hospital and community wellness resources and programs.
- Oversees and ensures successful member intake and develops and implements a variety of effective member engagement strategies and processes to ensure optimal engagement and program enrollment among members from all CHI business lines.
- Sets member engagement encounters and goals to ensure optimal customer service and successful engagement goal completion for each contract.
- Works closely with partner management teams and CHI leadership to ensure Health Promotion and Wellness team is meeting designated quality measures.
- Works with CHI care team and leadership to continuously evaluate process, identify problems and propose process improvement strategies to enhance the delivery model.
- Determines, developments and implements goals and priorities for all programs/services.
- Aligns departmental resources to most efficiently achieve department objectives and CHI goals.
- Creates the rationale for conducting condition specified diseases, identifying the relevant clinical characteristics that describe the targeted population.
- Create disease specific case-finding algorithms using electronic medical records or other third party tools.
- Works with outcomes analyst to test and validate case-finding algorithm, then adjust as needed.
- Develops customized reports and presentations to drive actionable interventions.
- Updates and organizes scientific literature and other sources of information pertinent to the program to keep in line with industry best practice.
- Assists in the development of operational strategic objectives and targets.
- Oversees and ensures regulatory compliance affecting Health Promotion and Wellness Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, Master’s degree preferred in a health-related field (i.e., RN, MHA, MPH, Health Education)
- Four years’ experience at a management level in above health related field focused on Health Promotion and Wellness program development.
- Ability to translate strategic concepts into actionable business plans.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate in an actively changing environment.
- Very strong facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated maturity, flexibility and capacity to navigate a complex structure with strong critical thinking, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills to convey complex ideas simply, through written reports and presentation materials.
- Demonstrated team building, mentoring and coaching skills with experience leading professional staff.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and execute results in a complex cross functional environment.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and adapt approach as needed.
- In-depth knowledge of and proficient skills in administering protocols for health promotion and wellness programs.
- Strong knowledge of an ability to identify, implement, monitor and analyze relevant metrics models, and implement effective interventions based on results.
Assigned Work Hours:
Exempt M-F days