Diabetes Collaborative Coordinator - CHI
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
The Diabetes Collaborative Coordinator supports the implementation of the Diabetes Collaborative Strategic Plan. Focused on the domains of public awareness, diabetes prevention, and diabetes care, the strategic plan provides a blueprint for stakeholder engagement and collaborative health promotion initiatives.
Community Health Innovations (CHI) leverages preventive services, technology and interdisciplinary care teams to support healthcare providers and payers in managing population health.
CHI was established by leaders at Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital (SVMH), Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP) and the Monterey Bay Independent Physician Association (MBIPA), inspired by a commitment to collaborative population health strategies that improve patient care and community well being in Monterey County.
The Diabetes Collaborative, convened and managed by CHI, was developed in 2018 to provide a coordinated response to the prevalence of diabetes and prediabetes in Monterey County. While hospitals and physicians have a critical role in addressing the acute medical needs of this population, comprehensive community-based strategies are necessary for sustainable diabetes prevention and management. The Diabetes Collaborative leverages Monterey County’s vibrant network of clinical and community resources to reduce the personal, social, and economic burden of this complex chronic health condition.
- Serve as a facilitator, convener, and subject matter expert on diabetes prevention/management needs and resources in Monterey County.
- Engage with local stakeholders from the healthcare, government, education, non-profit, agriculture, and tourism sectors to identify collaboration and health promotion opportunities within their employees and the populations that they serve.
- Represent the Diabetes Collaborative at public and professional events, meetings and presentations; includes effectively communicating about the strategic plan, diabetes prevention/management best practices, and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and maintain project plans that support the goals of the strategic plan.
- Identify opportunities for impactful data collection and reporting, develop reporting templates, lead collaborations with internal and external data analysts, and maintain reports on process and outcomes measures.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for data collection and reporting, clinical and community resource updates, and strategic plan implementation.
- Develop and maintain a database of clinical and community-based diabetes prevention/management resources.
- Provide recommendations on culturally-competent health promotion strategies that enhance the impact of services in Monterey County.
- Design referral workflows and coordinate clinical and community referrals to diabetes prevention/management programs.
- Provide professional written and verbal reports on strategic plan progress to CHI and enterprise leadership.
- Full time, Exempt (must be available on evenings and weekends)
- 5+ years experience in healthcare and/or public health
- Bilingual, fluent in English/Spanish
- Experience with diabetes prevention/management health education programs
- Experience with community organizing and stakeholder engagement; ability to effectively network and partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to design and facilitate behavior change interventions, including the utilization of motivational interviewing techniques and behavior change models
- Ability to tailor information at the appropriate level of health literacy and to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations
- Program management experience; including developing objectives, managing implementation, evaluating results, and presenting on outcomes
- Strong commitment to teamwork with the ability to contribute expertise, follow leadership directives, and work independently as an integral member of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with creative problem solving and quality improvement
- Detail oriented, organized, and efficient
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Visio and Excel), electronic medical record systems (Epic preferred), web-based solutions and technology tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to thrive in a continually evolving environment with competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field required (nursing, dietetics, social work, health promotion, public health, kinesiology, or psychology preferred)
- Master’s degree in a health, business, or administration field preferred
Schedule: Full time, Exempt (must be available on evenings and weekends)
Community Health Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.
Assigned Work Hours: