Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Under the leadership of the Chief Information Officer, the Data Architect reports to the Chief Technology Officer and is a senior level employee who translates business requirements into technology requirements and defines data standards and principles. The Data Architect is responsible for visualizing and designing an organization’s enterprise data management framework. This framework describes the processes used to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data.
- Coordinates with the EDMA Manager to understand and clarify business requirements pertaining to data management systems and practices
- Translates business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Defines the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, security, reference data, and master data
- Oversees implementation of enterprise security and compliance directives with respect to data management infrastructure
- Works with data governance to establish quality standards to improve consistency, quality, accessibility, and security
- Defines reference architecture for other team members to create and improve data systems
- Defines data flows and their management
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel to determine project requirements and capabilities, and strategize development and implementation timelines
- Communicates enterprise data management vision effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Reviews existing data infrastructure to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to managers and executives
- Researches new technologies, data modeling methods, and information management systems to determine which ones could benefit the organization and makes recommendations to leadership on the adoption of such technologies.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and clearly communicate solutions
- Ability to understand organizational requirements and their impact on the technical aspects of a solution
- Ability to work in a complex multi-communication-channel environment
- Skill at tracking tasks, defining next steps, identifying owners, and holding people accountable
- Ability to coordinate activities involving multiple players, including vendors, subject matter experts, and end users, to design, configure, and test data models
- 10+ years of progressive experience with information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and system development life cycle (SDLC) processes
- Minimum 2-5 years in a senior position working with other architects, engineers, quality assurance, and operations professionals
- Established project coordination experience delivering data management solutions to executive and management level stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise data warehouse, business intelligence and analytics, content management, and master data management
- Experience with two or more solutions in any of the following areas including: SQL Server, Oracle 11g, MySQL, Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, R, SAP Business Objects
- Advanced SQL skills and familiarity with two or more scripting languages used in data aggregation, scrubbing, and/or integration operations
- Experience with healthcare data sets from diverse hospital and clinic support systems, including one or more Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems used in such settings (e.g., Epic, Cerner, Lawson)
- Experience managing ETL processes/systems
Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or other technical field. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
Epic Caboodle Development and Caboodle-Clarity Development certifications are required within 180 days of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours:
1.0 FTE, (Exempt)