Community Access Support Spec_CCHC
Work Hours: M-F 8am - 5pm
The CHI Community Access Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the integrated population health goals of Community Health Innovations (CHI). This position assists physicians, practice staff and patients with accessing the Monterey County Health Information Exchange system, acts as a subject matter and content expert supporting the system, and is responsible for maintenance and accuracy of the system. This position requires the capability to identify workflow and process gaps in order to trouble-shoot, make recommendations and implement change processes, and resolve system issues through in-depth system knowledge. Ability to provide professional and courteous support to patients and providers through phone and electronic communication is essential to the position. A degree of creativity, autonomy and organization is required.
- Provides system support to patients and providers through phone and electronic communications.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and track system issues and customer concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of subject matter expertise and analyzing needs in determining user requirements.
- Will work closely with CHI staff, staff at local hospitals and physician practices to ensure all users are properly trained, using the system effectively and efficiently and have access to the appropriate information.
- Communicates with physician practices and assists with system implementations. This will include data testing and validation which requires a highly detail oriented individual.
- Responsible for analyzing, researching and resolving patient record issues within the health information exchange system.
- Assists Clinically Integrated System Department Director and Manager with various system projects
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience in business administration, medical practice management, informatics, computer science or a similar discipline
- 2-3 years' minimum of relevant experience in the healthcare or customer service industry.
- Previous customer service and/or help desk support experience preferred.
- Previous electronic health record or other healthcare system technical experience is preferred.
- Professional demeanor with effective, tactful, and persuasive written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills.
- Previous client and/or patient customer service experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in addition to strong capabilities in MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to balance multi-stakeholder goals and objectives.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2865