Clin Social Worker L _IRU
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the IRU department director the Clinical Social Worker/Case Manager is responsible for providing case coordination and professional social work services to patients and their families through all aspects of their rehabilitation process. The Clinical Social Worker/Case Manager performs the full range of social work services including assessment, treatment planning, and clinical therapeutic interventions for a population that experiences difficult and complex medical, physical, cognitive, and psycho-social challenges. The Clinical Social Worker/Case Manager employs case management skills to manage the discharge planning and utilization review process for each IRU patient. The Clinical Social Worker/Case Manager uses resources effectively to assist patients and families in adapting to, and moving through, all aspects of their rehabilitation process and providing an optimal transition back into the community and/or to a different level of care, as appropriate. The Clinical Social Worker/Case Manager interacts, collaborates, and communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team, physicians, patients, and patients’ families for optimal patient and program outcomes.
- Medical/Hospital case management, discharge planning, and/or utilization review experience.
- Minimum of two years post-master’s direct clinical social work experience practicing in an acute-care hospital, inpatient rehabilitation unit/facility, or rehabilitation-oriented skilled nursing facility setting.
- Education and/or experience serving people with physical and cognitive disabilities.
- Must have demonstrated track record of effective collaboration with care team members in all disciplines and ability to function optimally as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Education and/or experience in working with an adult and geriatric population.
- Knowledge of reimbursement requirements and insurance benefits including Medicare, Medi-Cal, and other government insurance programs, as well as commercial insurance programs.
- Ability to successfully blend clinical and financial priorities and processes.
- Ability to deal tactfully with physicians, personnel, patients, family members, and visitors, including those with difficult/challenging personalities.
- Strong, positive communication skills including the ability to communicate in a positive manner, verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer and word processing skills.
Master’s degree in social work.
Licensed in the field of SW in the state of California.
Functional Independence Measure (FIM) competency must be met within 90 days of hire and retested every six months.
FIM certification must be obtained within one year of hire and renewed every two years.