Cardiovascular Radiological Technologist - Cath Lab
Work Hours: 7:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m. / M-F plus weekend on-call on a rotating basis
Under the leadership of the department director and assistant director the Cardiovascular Radiological Technologist (CRT) is responsible for delivering quality patient care to all patient populations in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. The CRT possesses skills and knowledge to competently provide diagnostic and interventional cardiac angiograms with proper documentation of radiology record requirements and radiation safety, maximizing the use of equipment and resources. The CRT interacts in a positive, service-oriented manner with patients, medical staff, and peers, and performs all cardiac-radiographic procedures in the area of assignment. The CRT is accountable for all Radiation related procedures in the department.
- Acute Cardiac Cath Lab experience with in the past three years
- Will be required to be on-call on a rotating basis
- Position requires critical thinking, sharp assessment skills, quick decision-making ability, effective communication, and the ability to work under pressure
- As necessary to obtained required license/certification.
- Must pass the Arrhythmia Interpretation/Telemetry test at 85% prior to completion of orientation and independent assignment of telemetry/monitored patients (tested annually thereafter)
- Current with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) or attends continuing education classes with the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) to meet California state licensing requirements.
- Must have current licensure with the State of California in Fluoroscopy and Diagnostic Radiography.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification is required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS Certification is required prior to the completion of orientation and independent assignment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3231