Cardiothoracic Operating Room Registered Nurse
Welcome to Montage Health’s application process!
The Cardiothoracic (incl. Vascular and Chest Subspecialty Services) Operating Room Registered Nurse reports to the Director of Cardiothoracic Surgery Services which is a subspecialty surgery service within the scope of the Main Operating Room. The Cardiothoracic Operating Room Registered Nurse demonstrates strong clinical skills, capacities and knowledge in the areas of scrubbing and circulating in a variety of open heart, chest and vascular (inclusive of peripheral vascular) procedures. The Cardiothoracic Operating Room Registered Nurse is responsible to provide support and assist in direct patient care surgical activities in the General Surgery Main Operating Room Environment based on Cardiothoracic workflow and patient volume changes. The Cardiothoracic Operating Room Registered Nurse displays mature skills in the areas of teamwork, endurance, good communication skills (verbal and observational), interpersonal skills, as well as critical thinking abilities.
The Cardiothoracic (incl. Vascular and Chest Subspecialty Services) Operating Room Registered Nurse
are to include, but not be limited to the following qualifications, i.e.
- Minimum of 3 years professional operating room clinical nursing experience demonstrating circulating and scrubbing skills, capabilities and knowledge in a variety of open heart, chest and vascular procedures.
- Demonstrated competence in medication administration, IV Drip Set-ups and Blood Product transfusion processes.
- Demonstrated experiences with intraoperative IABP (Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump), ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation), Impella (Ventricular Support Unit) set-up/insertion, maintenance and monitoring applications.
- Knowledge and experiences in working alongside the Cardiac Perfusionist in operating the heart-lung machine.
- Demonstrated experiences with intraoperative placement and management of temporary pacemakers and/or defibrillators.
- Experiences in responding to cardiac surgery emergencies and performing cardiac surgery urgent/emergent surgical interventions.
- Perform accurate and detailed intraoperative patient record documentation (familiarity with Intraoperative EPIC Documentation Standard Applications useful).
- Participate with and provide support to the Cardiothoracic Surgery Services Preadmission's Nurse Coordinator in the Pre-operative assessment of patients and guidance to families about cardiac surgery preoperative and postoperative processes.
- Demonstrates competence and experience with Anesthesia Provider support in reference to set-up and placement of Arterial Lines, Central Venous Pressure and Peripheral Venous Placement Catheters.
- Strong foundation in operating room equipment technology and technology system applications.
- Responsible for on-call obligation 24/7 weekdays, weekends and holidays consistent with work schedules.
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) and CCL (Cardiac Cath Lab) experience helpful, but not essential.
- BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) preferred.
- CNOR Certification preferred.
- State of California RN license required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS (required).
- ACLS required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours:
Day shift - shift may start as early as 0600
Pay Range (based on years of applicable experience):$66.33
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2023-1136