Work Hours: varied
Cardiology Technician (EKG)
Under the leadership of the department director and assistant director, the Cardiology technician provides care to patients of all ages. Services include performing EKG’s, assisting with stress testing (stress echoes, Dobutamine stress echoes, nuclear stress tests, pharmacologic stress tests) and ambulatory recordings (holter monitors, event monitors, ambulatory blood pressure monitors). Duties include reporting to the interpreting physician any findings important in the delivery of necessary urgent care. Duties include but are not limited to attending in-services and continuing education as deemed necessary by the department supervisor and providing clerical assistance to the department. Participating in an on-call rotation is a requisite.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Previous experience with independent performance of 12-lead EKG prior to hire required.
- Stress testing experience in an acute care facility.
- Experience with cardiovascular information systems (CVIS) to include data query, building of tables, monitoring performance by operator and physician. This includes stress test systems, EKG systems and their relationship to a house-wide CVIS.
Experience with monitoring/adjusting/coding for automated MD payment systems.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education and work experience in related field.
• American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification (required). Must take and pass the CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International) EKG registry exam within 12 months of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 2828