Business Intelligence Operations Manager
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Purpose of Position
The Manager of BI Operations over-sees and manages all business intelligence operations including the entire data flow cycle from intake to output, the data request process from start to finish, and all operational documentation and reporting.
- Oversight of data flow to/from vendors, parent organizations, and within Aspire, to include evaluation of processes and recommendation/implementation of efficiency opportunities and standardization to ensure the fulfillment of business objectives.
- Responsible for data automation development and management, creation and maintenance of variance reports, troubleshooting or triaging issues as necessary and acting as the intermediary between BI and both internal and external customers.
- Oversight of the creation and maintenance of all process and technical documentation
- Creation, generation, distribution and maintenance of all regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reporting including monthly executive reporting as well as monthly inter-department reporting.
- Responsible for life cycle of data/reporting request documentation and productivity tracking to include front line intake for requests, triaging requests, maintaining accurate and complete tracking system (currently Trello), running daily standups/weekly planning sessions, managing work flow for the team to keep requests on track, generating reports on productivity and volume, and setting, managing and exceeding customer expectations in both communication and quality of end product.
- Oversight of the ongoing development, implementation and documentation of Quality Assurance (QA) processes and responsibility for reporting, tracking and moving issues through the process from identification to rectification.
- In partnership with BI team members, participate in and/or guide the process of evaluating data needs with internal/external customers, creating reports to satisfy those needs, and ensuring that the end product exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure proper operation of company hardware, software programs, and phone handling systems; is able to troubleshoot and work with multiple systems.
- Manage team to ensure service requests have been completed in an effective and timely manner according to current departmental standards.
- Serve as program administrator for customers’ employer-sponsored health benefit plans, monitoring regulatory changes and managing monthly and annual meetings with plan sponsors to ensure the ongoing achievement of plan sponsor’s benefits plan goals and objectives.
- Identify and monitor trends, and develop and implement resolution plans to ensure department maintains the level of service required by customer expectations and standards.
- Assist with process development for all service lines, drawing on existing best practices.
- Manage vendors and related entities delegated to perform specific plan operations in department’s areas of responsibility.
- Manage projects as assigned from time to time, based on Plan needs and prioritization.
- Develop and implement tools for monitoring and evaluation performance objectives and compliance.
- Partner and support leadership across the health plan on assigned projects ensuring company goals and initiatives are met.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Identifies, analyzes, organizes, and solves problems and issues in a timely, effective manner; uses data and input from others to make sound, timely decisions even in the face of uncertainty.
- Highly organized: Enjoys making structure from chaos and is able to work with varying personality types to reach solutions. Makes sure deadlines are tracked and met and looks ahead to manage tech team’s workflows as well as customer expectations.
- Integrity: Consistently honors commitments and takes responsibility for actions and words.
- Flexibility: Demonstrates adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others, understanding their attitudes, needs, interests, and perspectives.
- Inclusiveness/Team mentality: The ability to network and partner with all internal and external stakeholders. Always looking for opportunities to help others meet their needs, and willing to do basic administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or 3 years equivalent experience in related or similar positions.
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel and ability to work comfortably in all other Microsoft products
- Technical skills/mindset (experience with SQL Server, SSDS, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio is a plus)
- Tableau skills (preferred)
- Agile familiar/certified (preferred)
- Ability to oversee technical projects and skilled in speaking to technical staff as well as executive levels and bridging the communication gap between tech and non-tech
- Able to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and effectively manage customer expectations.
- Ability to work under stress and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities.
Aspire Health Plan is a locally owned Medicare Advantage HMO that provides comprehensive medical coverage to seniors and other Medicare recipients in Monterey County. We’re proud to be a community-centered organization backed by Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula and Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital. Over 700 doctors, many other healthcare providers, and all four Monterey County hospitals are part of the Aspire Health Plan network. It’s the care you need from people you know.
Assigned Work Hours: