Business Intelligence Analyst
Full Time (Exempt)
Work Hours: Salaried/Exempt
Business Intelligence Analyst I - Epic
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees onsite
- Employee Commissary
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Business intelligence developers analyze, provide specifications for, and write reports.
- Reviewing Foundation System reports and identifying advanced analytics needs with report consumers
- Meeting with Application Reporting Leads and requestors to understand their data needs
- Creating design specifications for new reports
- Identifying and reviewing the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs
- Creating reports, using a third-party report writing tool such as Crystal reports, to display Clarity data
- Modifying existing reports, as necessary
- Distributing Clarity reports to report consumers using Epic-Crystal integration
- Reviewing peer reports for validity
- Testing report build in a specified testing environment and volume testing in live environments
- Reviewing upgrade documentation related to Clarity features and released Crystal reporting content, and determining how to implement the changes
- Business intelligence developers might also be responsible for building:
- Third-party tools (Xcelsius/WebI/QlikView/Explorer
- Reports to query Cogito Caboodle
- Three years analysis work preferred
- Two or more years of advanced query/report writing including performance tuning
- One or more years experience in SQL Server reporting and integration services
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in business strategies
- Detail oriented
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work productively in teams and independently
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- 2 years in Health Information Services
- Critical thinking and an analytical mind
- Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure, through training that occurs early in the implementation
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the data model through data model classes geared toward specific Epic applications
- Ability to determine data structures that benefit the entire reporting environment
- For financial reporting: Prior experience working with an AR system is desirable, but not required.
- For clinical reporting: Prior experience working with an EMR system is desirable, but not required.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Epic certification is required within 90 days of hire and must be maintained.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3129