Bilingual Engagement Specialist
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- CHOMP has been voted the Best Place to Work in Monterey County for 10 straight years
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Oriented Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Purpose of Position
The Engagement Specialist is responsible to support community members and their social and health needs through outreach activities that connect patients, health plan members, and the community to CHI’s health promotion, care coordination condition management, care management and community resources.
The Engagement Specialist supports CHI’s multi-disciplinary team by identifying at risk populations and specific health needs, then referring to appropriate services. Additionally, this position will support a variety of chronic condition management and wellness services including, but not limited to:
- Actively engages, builds rapport, and establishes a trusting relationship and candid communication with community members, family support systems, provider practices and other community resources as appropriate.
- Assesses social determinants of health needs for assigned populations.
- Conducting telephonic, mail, email, and in-person outreach to educate health plan members about their benefits and provide health education materials to support self-management.
- Working collaboratively with CHI team members to identify and respond to member needs.
- Managing provider referrals to connect patients with appropriate programs and services.
- Connecting members with relevant resources such as health coaching, care management, social work, health education, and other community and clinical services.
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating new and innovative outreach and engagement campaigns.
- Assisting patients in navigation of the healthcare system, or other entitlement programs and state/ local benefits.
- Preparing and sending professional health promotion materials.
- Scheduling appointments for CHI services and performing reminder calls.
- Coordinating community events including equipment and supply preparation, pick-up, transport, delivery, set-up, and take-down.
- Assisting with wellness program delivery including, but not limited to managing patient check-in, monitoring attendance, and aiding with group education.
- Providing onsite assistance with health promotion events including but not limited to: health fairs, biometric screenings, onsite program promotion, etc.
- Providing excellent customer service to all members, patients and the community.
- Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of CHI programs and activities to achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Acting as a patient advocate, responding to and working to resolve patient concerns or barriers in a timely manner.
- Using motivational interviewing skills to engage members.
- Maintaining accurate records and providing progress reports for activities including but not limited to; outbound call attempts, inaccurate telephone numbers, messages left, successful outreach, member satisfaction, community events, etc.
- Documenting interactions to provide ongoing feedback about member needs to enhance and identify effective engagement strategies.
- Participates in patient-centered activities across the continuum of care in order to facilitate and promote high quality, cost effective outcomes focused on self-management, lifestyle modification support and appropriate and applicable resource connection.
- Provides back-up support to the CHI Community Access Support Specialist, on an as- needed basics.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to ordering, stocking and inventory of office supplies and other administrative duties.
- Associate of Science, equivalent or higher, in health related field (i.e. public health, wellness, nutrition, exercise science, etc.) from an accredited college or university; relevant professional experience may substitute for education
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively and actively engage members during telephonic outreach, using evidence-based health promotion strategies
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Detail oriented, well organized, and efficient
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, electronic medical records, and web-based solutions
- Knowledge of healthcare services, health promotion programs and community resources
- Experience with motivational interviewing, health education, wellness, and/or care coordination services
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
- Experience in marketing/sales field
Assigned Work Hours: