Assistant Director, Business Development & Contracting
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
The Assistant Director (AD) of Business Development and Contracting reports to the Director of Business Development and Contracting. The AD monitors industry trends for opportunities and helps develop new business strategies and programs including preparation of feasibility, cost/benefit and ROI assessments and business plans, in addition to researching and preparing information related to existing program expansion or technology enhancements. AD will monitor new and existing program performance and make recommendations on areas of opportunity. Shall support the destination care program with rate negotiations and oversight of the various administrative activities and staff supporting the program. Has direct oversight of the decision support program and staff and shall ensure the system and resources meet the ongoing needs of various organizational users. AD shall provide back-up when the Director is absent in the department and in relevant enterprise meetings.
- Strong interest in, and experience with business development and planning activities, and related research.
- Proficient in performing financial feasibility analyses and cost/benefit analyses.
- Experience with decision support tools and reporting a plus.
- Exposure to medical terminology, ICD-9, ICD-10 HCPCS, and DRG coding for in and outpatient services, and various reimbursement concepts.
- Has a strong understanding of commercial and government patient billing and reimbursement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, primarily spreadsheet, graphical presentations, and word processing. Prefer proficiency in Crystal ReportWriter or other report writing tools.
- Has an understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to thrive and be dynamic in a constantly evolving environment.
- Effective and positive leader, self-driven, and the ability to thrive both independently and as a part of a team.
- Prior experience effectively managing staff and possesses strong team building skills.
- Proven track record of successful project management and coordination, detail oriented, and strong research and analytical kills.
- Ability to be nimble and initiate projects and activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making independent decisions and identify when escalation and feedback is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with the community, patients, clients, and key stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills.
- Bachelors in a business or health care-related emphasis required, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Assigned Work Hours:
Full time (exempt) Monday- Friday, day shift.