Application Analyst, Prelude/Grand Central
Full Time (Exempt)
Work Hours: Exempt position, Generally Mon - Fri
Application Analyst, Epic Prelude/Grand Central (ADT)
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
The Applications Analyst reports to the Application Manager and is responsible for systems analysis, process/workflow optimization, software implementation, and support for applications maintained by the Health Information Technology department.
The Application Analyst is responsible for supporting basic application functions, performing system configuration tasks, resolving problems, performing system upgrades and patching, and meeting all customer expectations for clinical and/or business applications.
Serves as the liaison between the staff, technology teams, and support teams. Utilizes application expert knowledge and tools to optimize applications. Develops strategies for change management and system performance improvement utilizing quality improvement principles, practices, and tools. Collaborates with users and vendors in resolving system problems. Participates in planning, building, evaluating, testing, implementing, and documenting current and future state processes/workflows, modules, screens, and interfaces for applications. Guides application users in identifying functional requirements and implementing effective information support systems. Maintains current knowledge of organizational quality and business measures, and regulatory requirements and performs configuration of applications to support compliance. Guides end users in evaluating their processes/workflows in order to define, simplify, and automate the activities comprising each process. Works closely with Principal Trainers on workflows and in support of end user training. Recommends automated solutions. Leads small projects. Must be able to effectively utilize incident management tools and procedures to accurately track and escalate issues. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Extensive implementation, support & maintenance of patient work-queues, hospital inpatient and outpatient registration workflows, batch jobs, Patient Access Reporting Workbench and Radar reports, documents and e-signature, and hospital account advisor configuration required
- Extensive implementation, support & maintenance bed charge billing table, patient class configuration, patient movement workflows, and ADT/Orders integration required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff required
- Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in business strategies required
- Ability to work productively in teams and independently required
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Prelude and Grand Central/ADT Epic Applications Certifications required
- Cadence/RTE/Referrals Epic Applications Certification preferred
- CEE Version 2018 preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2986