AED Program Assistant- Tyler Heart Institute
Montage Health’s application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Do you love teaching and engaging with others? Are you organized and detailed? The THI AED Program is looking for a dynamic program assistant to meet our mission: To strengthen our community’s response to a cardiac emergency. You will have the opportunity to travel around the county helping organizations implement their AED Program, teach in-person and online classes, and bring new ideas for program expansion. Hours are flexible.
Under the leadership of the THI Assistant Director: Cardiopulmonary Wellness, the AED Program Assistant supports the development, expansion, and on-going coordination of the Tyler Heart Institute- AED Program, a community-based program to provide education, tools and support to organizations on how to respond to a cardiac emergency. The AED Program Assistant duties include: Conducting AED site visits, processes grant applications and oversees implementation process of new AEDs; developing efficient forms and forms to organize and track all program processes; drafting content for THI newsletter, e-blasts and other communications: scheduling, tracking and coordinating off-site and on-site in-services and trainings; assist THI-AD in designing and conducting AED in-services, hands-only CPR events and other program events; working closely with the AED management vendor to assure that all organizations enrolled in the THI AED Program are compliant in a supportive and helpful manner; liaison with marketing department for all program printed materials, social media campaigns and marketing projects; developing efficient processes and forms for all aspects of the program; and assisting with site assessments. The AED Program Assistant suggests new opportunities to develop relationships in the community while meeting the mission of the program.
- One year experience in coordinating and conducting effective education or training for groups. Demonstrates effective group teaching skills; ability to facilitate dynamic and interactive events, classes and presentations
- One year experience with developing professional and dynamic education presentations
- One year experience in program development assistance, coordination, planning
- Demonstrates experience and familiarity with ability to utilize social media in an organizational setting
- High proficiency with using MS Office suite (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint) and a high technical literacy that will enable learning new technical platforms and programs as needed.
- Strong writing abilities including program material drafts, reports, ability to summarize
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively, professionally, and in collaboration with, various departments, vendors and organizations
- Highly competent with technology including multimedia equipment
- Demonstrates ability to be creative and innovative
- Grasps concepts/vision quickly
- Interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to various personalities
- Professional in appearance, communication and accountability
- Self-starter; can work independently while prioritizing tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Very detail oriented
Bachelor’s degree in business health promotions, health education, communications, other related field, or equivalent work experience.
AHA BLS certified (or required within one month)
Must possess a valid CA driver’s license:
This position requires driving. In addition to a valid CA driver’s license, the following are required:
- Automobile insurance as required by the State of California with an acceptable driving record of three points or less
- Participation in the DMV pull-notice program
- An automobile available for scheduled work
- Business degree in health education or health promotion
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Prefer experience and understanding of Chain of Survival
- 1 year experience in health promotion, health education preferred
- Experience in teaching hands-only CPR classes or events
Assigned Work Hours:
Per diem - varies but mostly days with rare/occasional weekend/evenings
Position Type:Per Diem